“From the lips and on to your hips!”
Review of Thelma's Chicken & Waffles - CLOSED

Thelma's Chicken & Waffles
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This was the best home cooking that I have had in a very long time!!! True Southern cooking!!! We had two apps- the onion rings and the fried green tomatoes!!! They were both so good!!! Then I moved on the waffle and chicken tenders with the best hash browns. This place is great but if you are watching what you eat do not go there!

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

I've never had a good experience here. Today I thought I'd try again, wish I hadn't. Service was the worst we've had. It took 1 hour for us to get our food and we both had the basic dish. i had to search for silverware as we weren't provided any. The food isn't anything special. Frozen chicken tenders and basic fried potatoes. There is some sort of film on everything in the place. Gross. I get the novelty of it and we are big supporters of local business but I cannot recommend this one.

1  Thank KYtoVA
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Great stop in the Roanoke City Market area for most any meal. Reasonably-priced, freshly-prepared comfort foods--yes, chicken and waffles, but also awesome mashed potatoes and other Southern food options. Friendly, casual service from servers who seem to take pride in the restaurant. Spacious seating area for downtown is a bonus.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

We came off the Blue Ridge Parkway on our motorcycles on a Sunday afternoon and found this restaurant by chance. There were six of us and I think we all had a variety of meals. I had a whiting (fish) sandwich that didn't even need tarter sauce and side of the Mac and cheese. My husband and I fought over it! Everyone really enjoyed what they ordered.
We ate in the bar area, watched sports on the TVs and just had a really nice time.
Great service and very reasonable prices. Servers were very gracious about separate checks too.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

As a frequent visitor to Roanoke, Thelma's has been on my list for a long time. Finally got there and will definitely go back. Four different entrees at our table and every one was a hit. The service was outstanding. Very pleasant atmosphere - very welcoming. Can't wait to make a return visit.