“Great food, a must visit in Roanoke”
Review of Thelma's Chicken & Waffles - CLOSED

Thelma's Chicken & Waffles
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed January 17, 2013

The hotel's staff all mentioned Thelma's and we're glad they did. My wife had the fried catfish, I had the chicken livers. Wonderful, wonderful, and lots of it. We got the Chicken and Waffles to go for dinner at our hotel and while it was good after re-heating, we really think they would have been much better had we eaten then fresh at the restaurant. The staff was very friendly. If you're through Roanoke, I'd make it a 'must go'.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

A while back we quit going to Thelma's as the dining did just not seem to be as good as it once was. Right before Christmas though we returned and I can say all is back to normal at Thelma's. The food once again is excellent!

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Wasn't sure what to expect, but we were all pleasantly surprised! No complaints on anything we ordered, including the chicken and waffles. Highly recommend the fried green tomatoes.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Early on a Sunday morning, the place was quite busy. We were a party of 6. For some reason the food was delayed, however I did notice that the manager was questioning the wait staff as to why we hadn't been served yet. The food was delicous, our server was attentive. There is a bottomless cup of coffee available. We would eat there again!

1  Thank woodstockflea
Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

I fortunately asked the waitress what she recommended and she explained that option of different types of chicken to go with the Belgium waffle. She recommended the wings explaining to me how having chicken with bones in adds to the flavor. The wings were so good and weren't so lightly coated that seemed like a baked chicken but they were deep fried! Fabulous!