“Awesome once again...”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I was traveling through for business and I was not disappointed once again. The service is always right on and my food is always hot, great portion for the money, and it's made from the soul. Don't miss this great little whole in the wall place to eat!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,080)

Reviewed June 1, 2014

We arrived at Hollywood's at 8:30 on a Saturday during a long trip from Nashville to Washington DC. We wanted to find an interesting local place to have a good meal, so I jumped on Trip Advisor. The reviews for this restaurant are very good. Here are the highlights:

The unsweet ice tea was just ok.
The complimentary bread was good.
I had the eggplant parm. The cheese topping was bullet-proof. Kevlar would have been easier to penetrate.
My 10 year old daughter ordered a burger off of the kid's menu. It was the size of a silver dollar and about as thick.
My wife had white chicken chili nachos. They were average. She complained that the chips were soggy, but I think she should have spoken up and asked for additional chips.

At the end of the meal, I ordered a cookie and coffee (very good), and my daughter and wife split a butterscotch cashew bar which they both raved over.

They are open until 10, which is a plus.

2  Thank MUPete
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Spent a couple of weeks on Roanoke with friends, helping them do some chores around the house. They took me to Hollywood's the first time, the next three or four times I asked to go there.

It's a medium sized, "old fashioned" family restaurant, nothing particularly fancy, but the food is just outstanding, and the service was as well. You've never seen so many staff/guest hugs in your life. Clearly, they have a devoted, regular clientele, and I can see why.

I had the coconut shrimp, blackened chicken, and a sandwich (a misnomer, since their sandwiches are a large meal) while I was there, and all were good. After getting a gander of the mashed potatoes on someone's plate, I made sure I had those after the first visit as well. Delicious!

Broad menu, quick & friendly service. I weep that I only have chain restaurants near me in Atlanta, and wish these guys would pack up and move down here! A real gem of a find.

1  Thank springlering
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Last week attended a business lunch at Hollywood's. We arrived early, and were one of the initial lunch customers at 11:15-11:30am. The team based service was spot on, from start to finish. By 12:15pm, the place had filled up however there was no drop in service levels. The food speaks for itself; very flavorful, fresh and reasonable cost. I look forward to returning with the family, the lunch menu was extensive and full of appealing dishes.

1  Thank Jim B
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Came for another visit to one of our favorite restaurants. Consistently wonderful! I had the best pork chop I have ever eaten with fresh veggies and homemade bread. My husband had steak medallions. We try something new every time and are never disappointed. We had our same server as last time. We are treated as if we are his only table. They truly understand customer service here which is hard to find these days. Dont miss this stop! Best staff and food you will find

1  Thank MovinMomma