“Get off the Interstate and Have a Great Meal”

Hollywood's Restaurant & Bkry
Ranked #2 of 467 Restaurants in Roanoke
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
West Chester PA
“Get off the Interstate and Have a Great Meal”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Are you one of those people who won't stop for a meal unless there's a sign for it before the Interstate exit? Well, you're in luck: Hollywood's in North Roanoke has a sign and it's only 5 minutes from the exit. We found it several years ago and try to stop every time we're heading up or down I-81.

Yesterday, we had a late lunch, which was even later because of there extensive menu. My wife enjoyed a veggie wrap that was fresh and light. I had classic black beans and rice topped with cheese and scallions. And we shared an appetizer of a stuffed tomato topped with a dollop of creamed spinach and, of course, more cheese.

Plenty of other entries too--we had just decided to have a veggie lunch. Sushi-grade tuna, pork chops, delicious ribs are all on the menu.

Live a little. Avoid the chain for a change.

• Visited May 2014

Roanoke, Virginia
“Outstanding service! ”
Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

I was in town on business and a colleague recommended Hollywood's for dinner. I was fortunate enough to have Crystal as my server. She was extremely friendly and attentive, without being too pushy. She recommended an entrée that was exceptional! Crystal exhibited the type of service I prefer whenever I eat out. I would highly recommend Hollywood's to anyone who lives or visits Roanoke. Additionally, I think Crystal sets the bar for all servers!

Bedford, Virginia
“Always a treat!”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

The staff is always welcoming. The restaurant is always busy and a little noisy. The meals are interesting and meet your expectations. A very rewarding dinning experience.

• Visited April 2014
“1st timer”
Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

I'm not sure why we have never ate here before, maybe that it just always looks so busy. Got there about 630 last night & it had started to get quite busy so we ate @ the bar, our service was above & beyond, I guess that's why there are so many comments on here about it. Our waitress pointed out a new tilapia dish that was on the menu, delicious! My husband ordered a sandwich, roast beef I believe, no complaints there either. I wish I could remember the girls name that waited on us, a short redheaded girl, anyway she was fantastic & since we were sitting @ the bar every employee that walked by spoke to us which was very warm & welcoming, like they had known us for years. This will be our new go to place without a doubt! Good job guys

Durham, North Carolina
“Kept on Going Back”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Found this place the first night based on a Yelp review, and I kept on going back. Excellent Catfish and Grits. Desserts are delicious! I will go out of my way to visit the next time I am in VA.

Visited October 2013