“Brownie-tastic”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 3, 2013

The customer service was second to none - seriously, it was excellent. The food was alright. I had the cra-cakes - not sure if they were "legendary" but I finished them and left feeling satisfied. Now, lets talk about the fudgy brownie...OMG-amazing. Get one. Or two.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Really enjoyed it here. Great food, pleasant service and atmosphere, I'll definitely go back when I'm in the area again.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

We got to again eat at Hollywood's over Thanksgiving. We've never had a disappointing meal here, and this time was no different. I had the salmon with dijon aoili and it was done to perfection.

My companion had the black bean soup, which was spicy. A dollop of sour cream smoothed it out. When combined with the bread, this was a great end to a cold and dreary day.

We'd suggest Hollywood's as a place to bring out-of-town guests from the southwest who are dying for a little spice.

Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

We stopped by this diner on our drive from Atlanta to Northern Virginia and were excited to try it based on the other reviews. After visiting, I'm completely confused as to why it's rated so highly. I ordered a grilled chicken salad. The lettuce was wilted and waxy; the tomatoes tasted as if they were diced, stewed tomatoes that had been out all day, and the bread tasted stale. I requested no cheese and received a salad loaded with cheddar. My husband asked for a half rack f ribs and got a full rack (at nearly twice the price). Typically, we'd have sent these things back, but after a ten hour drive with an infant, we just wanted to eat and get on the road.
The only reason I didn't give the restaurant one star is the staff was very friendly and the ribs were ok (though there are much better to be had in the area).
Overall, not worth the time or price. Keep driving.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Places like this suit me just fine. A distinctly southern menu, and a bakery on site to boot. The menu features crab, shrimp, pork, BBQ, and grits (the good coarse kind).

Three of us had beef medallions in a balsamic glaze with sweet potato fries, BBQ baby back ribs (not the sticky sugary kind), excellent slaw, and grit cakes with a jalapeno cream sauce. Yum.

Chocolate fudge brownies for dessert.

Service was very friendly. Note that this place is very popular locally, so reserve ahead or be prepared to wait for a table.

2  Thank rondi3