“Don't miss this wonderful local restaurant and bakery!”

Hollywood's Restaurant & Bkry
Ranked #3 of 512 Restaurants in Roanoke
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We first ate at Hollywood's when looking for a home in Roanoke. After our move we just HAD to go back. Wonderful selection of food, vegetarian choices and delicious bakery goods. We are sure this will be our "go to" family restaurant!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,080)

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Hollywood's is one of those local eateries that makes you want to avoid the chains at all costs. My wife and I have been here several times (along with our son a couple times) and have enjoyed everything we have ever tried.

The shrimp and grits are the best I have had anywhere. The cream sauce has a great kick to it and they are generous with the shrimp. The grits are in a gritcake form which some purists might reject, but the overall taste of the dish is a "10."

I can also highly recommend the chipotle wrap and the coconut shrimp. For a unique appetizer, try the Bleu Chips which are homemade potato chips with bleu cheese aioli and topped with diced tomatoes and green onions.

The only downside is space. It is a small restaurant and it can feel a little claustrophobic at times. However, the staff does a great job of quickly moving tables and chairs to accommodate different seating needs. We have always had good experiences with the waiters and waitresses at this restaurant. The cramped space does not diminish the high quality of the food.

Oh, and don't forget Hollywood's is also a bakery. The blondie brownie is incredible!

Reviewed August 23, 2013

The food is good but restaurant is very disorganized and chaotic in the front of the house. Hostess and waitresses all seem to be running around without any direction. No one greets you when you come in, so as a first time customer I did not even know where to put our name in.

2  Thank Foodieroanoke1
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My family & I are traveling through the area and was told to stop by here for a great meal. We had an amazing time! The food was right on & the service was awesome! I would recommend this place to anyone and everyone!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Vanessa was an excellent waitperson! And where else could you get a decent CA Chardonnay for $17! Food was great and very well priced!