“Good food if you like greasy”

Hollywood's Restaurant & Bkry
Ranked #2 of 481 Restaurants in Roanoke
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 10, 2013

This was the first time that my husband, myself, and daughter ate there. Husband ordered half rack of ribs - very little meat, more bones. I ordered coconut shrimp, tasted no coconut, the dipping sauce was better (a little on the hot side) and it was very greasy. Our daughter got the coconut chicken fingers and fries - her fries were the best thing. One thing I can say is that the service was good, kept drinks refilled and was quick. If we come back to the Roanoke area, I don't think that we will come back here again.

2  Thank Wendy M
There are newer reviews for Hollywood's Restaurant & Bkry

Reviewed August 10, 2013

We had the grilled chicken and ham and cheese sandwiches with bean soup. All three were livened with a bit of spiciness, fine with us but if you don't like it zesty be warned that most of the menu items seemed to mention a spicy element. Lots of choices, especially sandwiches. We had a good lunch but it was, after all, mostly average for similar places with similar prices.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Found them on yelp, but a sign on the door alerted us to leave info on tripadvisor! Friendly attentive service! I had the Duke of Earl, (roast beef) good generous portions and many choices of sides . Rest of the family enjoyed their entrees as well as portobello quesadilla and fish tacos -excellent! Will return on our way home from our trip :)

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Food was really good. I got shrimp and grits. Was really good. It was a little soupy buy good. I got 2 extra fried grit slices and that thickened it up to how I prefer it. the waitress asked me about it and I told her it wasn't how I was used to. She was nice about it but I noticed she went right to the cook after having the conversation with me and seemed to be upset that i did not perfer the food the way they prepared it. After that they offered me some "ghost salt" to add to my food that they had not previously offered to me or anyone around from what I saw. Not thinking I accepted. Was it really "ghost salt or dandruff or something else that upset food servers come up with. I will never know. To sum it up... Good food, use your own judgment if offered ghost salt.

1  Thank Joesomebody2someone
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Delicious dinner began with fresh baked rolls, then a delicious green salad with red tomatoes, red onion & shredded carrots. Smokin bones were excellent moist bbq ribs with a "kickin" North Carolina BBQ sauce. Baked potato was great. My husband had lone star chicken which was delicious grilled chicken tasted like it was marinated in a terriyaki sauce. Green beans were great. Service was good. Definitely would go back!

1  Thank Happytraveller013