“Great unexpected food!”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Great unexpected food!”
Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

We were traveling on our way back from eating fabulous food in New England and just didn't want to stop quite yet. My mother had some Long Island Blue oysters in Boston and couldn't stop thinking about them. We tried them here and they were good. They had a little more batter than she usually likes, but the sweet potato fries made up for them. I had the blacked chicken over creamed corn and it was just delicious. I have to say the balsamic vinigaeret was the best I've ever eaten. Take a moment to read some of the nice cards people have written to the owners on the bulletin board. The owners seem to be the real deal and care about their customers and community.

Cumberland, Rhode Island
“Busy Place”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I arrived at 5:30PM and it was already crowded.The parking was tight, but many customers were parked in the grass area next to the parking lot. I was seated quickly and there were people coming in steadily behind me. The staff is quick, efficient, and friendly. There is a good size menu to please just about any palate. I enjoyed the fried oysters appetizers (perfect for two, a little bit much for one) and the Cobb salad (dinner size) (Romaine lettuce, grilled chicken, diced tomatoes, corn, hard boiled egg, feta cheese, guacamole). I saved a little room for dessert. The coconut cake was moist and flavorful without being overly sweet. If you're from out of town, you get to put a pin in on the big map for your home state/home town.

• Visited July 2012
Vinton, Virginia
“Great?? Um...no”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Average at best. I enjoy some of the uniqueness of this place but I could take it or leave it!

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank JenniferRoanoke_VA
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Friendly place!”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

All staff we encountered were friendly. Menu varied with reasonable prices. Parking can be a bit tricky, but the many cars showed that it's a popular place!

Visited July 2012
“A solid place to stop at if you're in the Roanoke area.”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Overall, very good! Worth stopping for. The ribs are tangy (North Carolina style BBQ) and fall off the bone (I.e., slightly overcooked but moist). Grit cakes have a nice kick. Try the local dark lager to wash it down.