“Busy Place”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I arrived at 5:30PM and it was already crowded.The parking was tight, but many customers were parked in the grass area next to the parking lot. I was seated quickly and there were people coming in steadily behind me. The staff is quick, efficient, and friendly. There is a good size menu to please just about any palate. I enjoyed the fried oysters appetizers (perfect for two, a little bit much for one) and the Cobb salad (dinner size) (Romaine lettuce, grilled chicken, diced tomatoes, corn, hard boiled egg, feta cheese, guacamole). I saved a little room for dessert. The coconut cake was moist and flavorful without being overly sweet. If you're from out of town, you get to put a pin in on the big map for your home state/home town.

There are newer reviews for Hollywood's Restaurant & Bkry

Reviewed July 19, 2012

Average at best. I enjoy some of the uniqueness of this place but I could take it or leave it!

1  Thank JenniferRoanoke_VA
Reviewed July 19, 2012

All staff we encountered were friendly. Menu varied with reasonable prices. Parking can be a bit tricky, but the many cars showed that it's a popular place!

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Overall, very good! Worth stopping for. The ribs are tangy (North Carolina style BBQ) and fall off the bone (I.e., slightly overcooked but moist). Grit cakes have a nice kick. Try the local dark lager to wash it down.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

I travel into Roanoke frequently and this is my favorite restaurant in the area. I've had about everything on the menu but let me suggest a few you should try! First off, my favorite are the Smokin' Bones. These are baby back pork ribs and they are some of the best ribs I've had anywhere. Try them yourself and I know you will agree that the tenderness of the meat mixed with their BBQ sauce, that they will heat up and give you as a side, is just awesome!

Next, try their steaks, either the sirloin or the ribeye. What's nice is that they get the temperature right every time! If you ask for medium rare, you will get medium rare! Or try the Cajun Chicken over creamed corn served with a pineapple salsa!

For appetizers, try their fried oysters or the bacon wrapped scallops or my favorite, the grit cakes. The grit cakes are a little spicy topped with a jalapeno cream sauce and then topped with cheese and some fresh jalapenos! Not too hot, but really tasty!

Next, and you will not believe this, but their Cajun Meatloaf with mashed potatoes and green beans is a great item for lunch and its less than $10. Another great item is their BBQ Quesadilla. I know it doesn't sounds weird but its a surprise when you are eating this with some sour cream and salsa topping it off. Yep, believe it or not, it's delicious!

Good sandwiches, wraps, and salads along with a decent wine selection, and great desserts (my favorites are the pecan bar, or chocolate raspberry brownie topped with some vanilla ice cream), and a place where they make you feel welcome makes Hollywoods a great choice for lunch or dinner!