“Great Sandwiches and Desserts!”

Hollywood's Restaurant & Bkry
Ranked #2 of 491 Restaurants in Roanoke
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 7, 2012

A popular place. Always a crowd. One of my favorite places for lunch. Despite the the near capacity crowd the service was attentive and friendly. I had the Tinker Mtn Quesadilla which was excellent. The only downside is that it is very noisy but that should be expected due to the crowd. Check out the dessert case. It is fantastic.

Reviewed March 5, 2012

"Hollywood's Club...;Turkey, ham, bacon, swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato, and mayo" For $8.95 I expected a real double-decker club sandwich with fresh turkey and ham, toasted bread, and crisp bacon. Instead the sandwich was served with processed meats, limp and practically non-existent bacon, and cold bread - not toasted. The sandwich was tasteless. Having said that, the service was good. That the fried oysters were "Chesapeake Bay" is questionable and they were overdone.

1  Thank pcacart
Reviewed February 13, 2012

I had an appointment at Hollins and was hungry. Since the restaurant is right beside the University, I stopped in for a lunch. I had never been to Hollywood's, and honestly hadn't heard much about it. I live in Blacksburg, so it's a little out of the way. However, I will be bringing my husband back to eat here. The turkey burger was good, just enough spice to wake me up, but not enough to be painful. And the sweet potato fries are fantastic! The service was exceptional. I didn't have a problem parking, however, I can see how this could be an issue. I visited today during lunch, a Monday. The place was hopping, which is a little odd for a Monday in the restaurant industry. The manager was out front talking to guests and being friendly. The staff looked to be enjoying themselves, and everyone was working together. I can't wait to go back and get dessert!!!!

1  Thank mrscarr1217
Reviewed February 8, 2012

Crowded and a little expensive but good food. My biggest issue is never being able to find a space in the parking lot! There is not much else around that has similar type food and atmosphere.

1  Thank BuddyRoanoke
Reviewed February 7, 2012

Go here about once a month. Parking is a little bit of an issue, but there is a field next door you can park in, if the lot is full. Locally owned and wonderful service and food! Great selection. Steak, crabcake, lots of great salad choices, bean and rice dishes, baked potatoes, mashed and others. Always superb and again, prices are right on. Highly recommend.