“Quite Tasty”

Elephant Walk Restaurant and Lounge
Ranked #261 of 498 Restaurants in Roanoke
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I ate here while staying at the hotel for a business event and everything was very good. I had a glass of the house wine and, while the glass was bigger than expected, it was very nice. For my meal I had broiled tilapia with basmati rice and broccoli and it was delicious. I was with 5 other people who also all enjoyed their meals. The only complaint I heard from anyone was from my boyfriend who said he felt like the chicken in his was slightly under seasoned, but it was far from inedible. The service was also very good. Everyone was on top of what they were doing and they were all very polite. The only thing I will really say is that I feel like the menu is generally overpriced, but I think that is really just the norm for a hotel restaurant. I would definitely eat here again if I were staying in the hotel.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Nice to have a breakfast buffet in the hotel. Food was good, served hot and fresh. The restaurant staff were great, helpful and friendly. Would eat here again.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I had the fish and chips. Fish is fried Tilapia which is not quite the same as fried cod, but they did a great job. It was not too greasy. Fries were also crisp. Did ask for vinegar which seemed a bit foreign to them, but they retrieved some for me.

My wife had the beef bistro which was tender and delicious. It had a dry rub which was a bit too heavy on pepper, but the meat was very nice.

The desserts however were terrible. My wife's apple pie was cold in the middle, likely meaning that it had to be thawed and thus not fresh. My cheesecake was perhaps the worst I have tasted in a restaurant. It tasted like a gelatin it was so overly processed. Edible but not much more than that.

Overall, a decent meal but I would avoid the desserts.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Music was nice and food is great. Reasonable price. Friendly staff worked as extra topping. Service was quick and food came on timely manner with a big smile.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Good Buffet Breakfast . I got it free with my stay at Holiday Inn located in same building. Good Service.