“Never again”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Staunton, Virginia
“Never again”
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

We usually steer clear of places like Logan's, but we stopped here on our way out of town on Sunday, May 5. I should have left the minute we sat down and there were peanut shell remnants in the chair and on the table. The place just looks dirty from all the peanut shells IN EVERY CORNER. I get the vibe they're going for, but come on. Would it hurt to clean every once in a blue moon?

I ordered chicken tender dinner with sweet potato fries and a salad. Gross. All of it. Could not finish salad, sweet potato fries were a week old, chicken was tolerable. My husband ordered the pick three appetizer. Everything was fried to a crisp or not cooked enough.

Waiter was OK but did not bring us back correct change. His tip suffered for that reason. Lesson learned, never again.

• Visited May 2013

Grove City, Florida
“Really good business trip food”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

This was my second visit to this location in 16 months. Worth the stop if you are a "red" meat eater. Steaks are great and the service attentive but not obtrusive.

Visited March 2013
Salem, VA
“I WAS SO DISAPPOINTED”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I had been to Logan's Roadhouse several times in recent years and the food and service were good but I hadn't had the opportunity to go back in the past few months. I don't know what happened since the last visit, but my steak was tough and not as tasty as I remember from the past. Our server was busy but kept up with refills, etc. The hot rolls were the highlight of my meal. They were as good as I remembered. With all of the other choices of restaurants nearby I won’t be going back. The three other people in my party had the same opinion.

• Visited February 2013
Moneta, VA
“A place to go after a movie.”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Peanuts galore, food is usually very good, great salads. The service can be better and the greeters need a class in making people feel welcome.

Visited January 2013
Roanoke, Virginia
“Too loud”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Have been several times and usually have problem with noise levels, usually from unsupervised children, and cannot stand the multiple "Happy Birthday" songs.

Visited October 2012