“Hungry no more!”
Review of Veranda Bistro

Veranda Bistro
Ranked #77 of 470 Restaurants in Roanoke
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Cape May, New Jersey
“Hungry no more!”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Awesome Greek Pizza and Gyro! Wait staff was friendly and it was a tasty break from a long trip home

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Kitty G

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
“Hidden Gem. Great Find”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I was passing through Roanoke for work and the hotel suggested that I go to this restaurant for dinner and I was not disappointed. The interior is kind of tacky, but it must be because they are focused on the food. The pizza is great, and I was sad that I couldn't have more. I would suggest it to anyone who is passing through to drop by here for a great meal and kind and friendly service.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Andrew B
A TripAdvisor Member
“Best Food In Roanoke”
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is awesome. The food is fantastic with a Greek/Italian atmosphere. The service is just as fantastic as the food. Our server went above and beyond delivering our food service. We finished off the meal with the best carrot cake in town... Can't wait to visit Veranda Bistro again.....

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Charlottesville, Virginia
“horrible meal”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

i passed the restaurant as I was going a back way and stopped at a gas station which is about 20 ft away from the front door so I didn't expect much. I walked in and there was fake grapes and bad art, kind of pretentious, bare, tacky. I almost left when I saw the confrusing menu was overpriced but stayed when this nosy lady started telling me how good the food was, later I realized she was the owner, ha. The bread was burned, the salad was served late with brown salad and one of those cheap to go dressings spilled all over the bowl, then the pasta came with a calzone to go. The calzone was too big, mostly bread, really cheaply made, not much stuffing and all; I ordered was vegetables and the pasta was undercooked, too much butter on the bread. It was a terrible mistake to have stopped at all, guess I felt obliged in this online world to warn others.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank johnnytraveler7
Rockville, Virginia
“Hidden Gem beside a gas station.”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Taking our pasta loving college daughter out to dinner for Family weekend was made very easy by our trip to Veranda Bistro. We had a wonderful meal of pasta and great service. Don't be put off by the shabby decor, that could use some TLC. Of the fact that they sell off road diesel next door. The food was great. Even non-salad eater hubby liked the salad. There is a lovely veranda area for alfresco dining next to the manicured area near Tinker creek. I am can imagine a warm summer night of wine and dining with the babbling brook in the background. Hubby ordered the Baklava that disappeared before we knew it. Don't hesitate, stop by for a meal.

• Visited October 2013

Been to Veranda Bistro? Share your experiences!