“Nice little Restaurant”
Review of Veranda Bistro

Veranda Bistro
Ranked #70 of 478 Restaurants in Roanoke
Cuisines: Greek, Italian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Roanoke, Virginia
“Nice little Restaurant”
Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

We love this place! We try to go for lunch as often as possible. The Gyro is delicious filled with meat and the sauce is the best. If in the area stop by and try them out!

3 Thank michellejaffa

PA and Spain
“A nice surprise next to a gas station”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

The greek food is terrific here, and the service is fine, and the wine list is fair! Try the shrimp a la grecque or the lamb souvlaki. The calamari are terrific.

1 Thank FGLinBCN
Oxford, AL
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unprofessional”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Bad experience here. They advertise that they deliver but then when I called, the owner said they didn't have a delivery person working that night so I would have to come pick it up. I pick up my food and the owner lets his young son do the entire transaction with me - the boy doesn't give me my credit card back and I don't realize this until I am already out of state on business travel.

Even though they had my cell phone number for the order, they never called me to let me know that they screwed up and had my card. I realized it the next day and was already hours away, had to cancel my credit card and made my business trip all the more stressful and confusing. Hours on the phone with my credit card company because of a young child working the register at a restaurant. Unprofessional to say the least. I would not recommend.

1 Thank celtics0486
Salem, Virginia
“Great Meal!”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

This is a nice restaurant in a weird location. It is hard to take them seriously being tucked behind a gas station, but once you are seated inside or outside, and your meal arrives, you forget where your car is parked :)
This dishes are prepared nicely and are delicious. The party I was with ordered several different dishes and all were delicious! I was upset that they were out of their homemade cannoli, but I will live! Moussaka, Mediterranean Chicken, Spaghetti and meatballs, Greek Salads, all the dishes were delicious. The portions were ample and the price was not bad either. I would reccomend this restaurant to anyone wanting to experience a nice meal.

2 Thank Lissco4jc
Beckley, WV
“It wants to be fancy but its in a gas station.”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

this place always tries to be a really fancy restaurant but it just isnt. the menu is borrows from other local restaurants and flavors everything alot. It shares a building with a gas station and a dominos pizza. its hard to take them seriously as a nice restaurant when you have to wait for a tanker truck to leave and then walk past police talking to a drunk to eat there.

Visited July 2011

Been to Veranda Bistro? Share your experiences!