“Unprofessional”

Ranked #67 of 485 Restaurants in Roanoke
Cuisines: Greek, Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Bad experience here. They advertise that they deliver but then when I called, the owner said they didn't have a delivery person working that night so I would have to come pick it up. I pick up my food and the owner lets his young son do the entire transaction with me - the boy doesn't give me my credit card back and I don't realize this until I am already out of state on business travel.

Even though they had my cell phone number for the order, they never called me to let me know that they screwed up and had my card. I realized it the next day and was already hours away, had to cancel my credit card and made my business trip all the more stressful and confusing. Hours on the phone with my credit card company because of a young child working the register at a restaurant. Unprofessional to say the least. I would not recommend.

1  Thank celtics0486

Reviewed June 11, 2012

This is a nice restaurant in a weird location. It is hard to take them seriously being tucked behind a gas station, but once you are seated inside or outside, and your meal arrives, you forget where your car is parked :)
This dishes are prepared nicely and are delicious. The party I was with ordered several different dishes and all were delicious! I was upset that they were out of their homemade cannoli, but I will live! Moussaka, Mediterranean Chicken, Spaghetti and meatballs, Greek Salads, all the dishes were delicious. The portions were ample and the price was not bad either. I would reccomend this restaurant to anyone wanting to experience a nice meal.

2  Thank Lissco4jc
Reviewed April 12, 2012

this place always tries to be a really fancy restaurant but it just isnt. the menu is borrows from other local restaurants and flavors everything alot. It shares a building with a gas station and a dominos pizza. its hard to take them seriously as a nice restaurant when you have to wait for a tanker truck to leave and then walk past police talking to a drunk to eat there.

Reviewed March 12, 2012

Tucked in behind gas pumps and in a strip mall with a nail salon is this little restaurant. I had read some good reviews, so we decided to give it a try. I thought the combination of Italian and Greek was interesting and wondered how good they could do.

We had their spinach artichoke dip, which is served with their homemade pitas. The dip wasn't like normal spinach artichoke dip you get at Applebee's or somewhere like that, but it was really good and had a strong garlic flavor (which we love).

For our dinner, I got the Gyro platter and hubby got the Souvlaki platter (chicken). I liked the gyro, but didn't care for the chef's choice green beans at all. The rice pilaf was decent, but not really necessary with the gyro. Hubby wasn't overly impressed at all with the Souvlaki and said the chicken didn't have much taste or seasoning and didn't really consider it a Greek dish. He ate the green beans and had the potatoes but wasn't jumping for joy at any of it.

Dessert was really good. I had the cannoli and was so skeptical that they could make one that didn't have nasty lumps of the ricotta cheese (which most places around here seem to have). The cannoli was GREAT....perfect sweetness and came with chocolate chips in it. Hubby had a monster piece of carrot cake, which is apparently the house specialty, and really liked it.

Service was friendly, but really slow. My hubby sat there with an empty tea glass most of the time and we had to ask to get it filled. The atmosphere is ok, would have been nice if we went during a time of year and day that we could have sat outside. It's a little loud in the one room dining area and there's a TV projection on the bare wall in the back that was playing sports.

We won't head back to this place, but if you're in the area or passing through on I81, it's not a bad place to stop and have a meal.

Reviewed February 22, 2012

My husband and I grabbed lunch at the Veranda Bistro, and we were so happy to have found this cute little spot! It's conveniently located a short distance off of I-81 near Roanoke. We both ordered a Gyro and a side of onion rings to split. I'm always trying Gyros wherever I go, and I have to say that this place has got it down pat. The tzatziki sauce that comes with it is so fresh and homemade! Service was prompt and they have a huge wine list to choose from. One of the owners, Irene, came to our table to make sure that we were enjoying everything. She was warm and pleasant, and was a joy to talk to. This restaurant is located in a small strip mall behind an Exxon station, but don't let that fool you - the food and surroundings are relaxing and satisfying! Next time we hope that it's warm enough so we can sit out on the big patio which overlooks a small stream. What a great place to sip a glass of wine and spend time with loved ones (while eating delicious, authentic Greek food and pizza!).

7  Thank Leo35