“No Taste”

Grace's Place Pizzeria
Ranked #64 of 489 Restaurants in Roanoke
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I was terribly disappointed especially after reading the good reviews on tripadvisor. I live in Wilmington NC and have had great pizza there and since I am working part time in VA wanted some good pizza. It had no taste and was way too soggy. It takes a lot for me to throw food away and be wasteful but it was just that bad - into the garbage it went. Sorry Grace's....but there is room for MUCH improvement.

2  Thank Stephanie Z

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Good thin-crust, New York style pizza. Even the smaller pizzas are plenty to feed my hungry husband & I. Nothing fancy about this place, but good food at a good price. Tends to be crowded on weekends in the evenings; you may have to wait for a table then. Good place to go before catching a movie at the Grandin Theater. We live in the neighborhood, and also like that you can order take-out online.

1  Thank Jill N
Reviewed June 15, 2013

The pizza at Grace's is very good thin crust pizza, with a lite crispy crust, not heavily topped. We ordered the vegetarian pizza with eggplant. Our pizza came out super fast, which we thought was weird, but we started to eat. Then the waitress came and said that we had the wrong pizza, that is why we got it so fast. The other customers had to wait for a new pizza and we did not get the pizza we ordered.
As I said the pizza was good, but our service was rather weird. We sat outside, at a table on a slant, so our glasses kept sliding around. The waitress propped open the door with her foot and didn't fully come outside, to take our order. It was like she didn't want to come outside. When the orders got mixed up she squeaked and then said "what are we going to do about this?" We said we were fine with the pizza, but there was no apology or even free drinks or reduction in price. We order a pizza with 5 vegs. and got a pizza with one, Also, she kind of acted like it was our fault.
I would still recommend Grace's for the food, but you may want to sit inside and watch out for your order.

1  Thank Born_to_go61
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I love Grace's pizza. It reminds me of the pizza that we had in Italy. The crust is thin and tasts great. The vegetarian pizzas that we order are never greasy. There is just enough cheese.

1  Thank Lea M
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Great food at a very reasonable price. Nice neighbor atmosphere. Good friendly service. Try the Napolini Pizza

1  Thank ACMan53