“Regulars obviously Rule”
Review of 419 West

419 West
Reserve with OpenTable
419 West is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #152 of 497 Restaurants in Roanoke
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bernard Ave
Reviewed February 16, 2014

My fiancé and I had reservations at 7:45 pm....when we got there, they said they were at capacity!! They said it would be 20-25 minute wait....that wait turned into an hour wait!!! How does that happen??!! It was obvious if you were a "regular" you were seated first and the manager would buy your drinks for you!! The manager "never" came over to ask about us! But he couldn't stop "gushing" over the people behind us! Our waitress was Amazing....she is the only thing positive about our experience!! Sad!! :(. We will never go back, nor recommend to ANYONE!!

1  Thank Kayla M

Reviewed December 14, 2013

We were invited to a birthday dinner, the food and service were very good and the atmosphere was good, the staff was very accommodating for our needs

Reviewed December 5, 2013

They had a gluten free menu ready when I got there, as I'd called with questions about their GF offerings before going and been assured they take all the proper precautions to keep food gluten free in the kitchen.. Well, they lied because I have been sick for a week now since eating there. I haven't had a reaction in gluten in years because I am so careful. And this is the worst reaction I've ever had. I've lost weight this week because I've been so sick I can't eat. I told them about this and they ignored me and deleted my comments on Facebook warning others with celiac/gluten intolerance to not eat here, that the cooks don't care about cross contamination. I will never eat here again and advise anyone with gluten intolerance to eat anywhere but here!

2  Thank Laura H
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I had decided to have a quick wedding and reception so my husband and I could be married and save up for the dream wedding. I searched restaurants and found the menu for 419 to seem to have a great variety. I called and reserved a room, which they did not charge me for. I had a meal there beforehand to make sure that I liked the restaurant. The restaurant is gorgeous and we had really good service. I enjoyed my meal. On the day of the reception, the staff was friendly and attentive. The food was delicious and all of my guests were really happy. I will definitely be coming back. I also recommend this restaurant for special occasions or parties.

Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for dinner while passing through town. Sat in a almost empty restaurant after trying in the bar; which was full (game)..

Ordered the Mahi salad. Horrible. I'm pretty sure the 4 measly pieces of fish came straight from the fridge. The so-called searing occurred somewhere else as it was served cold.

The spinach and remaining salad was equally as bad. Note to kitchen manager - peel the onions before chopping and cut the 4" stems off the spinach. Nobody likes to poke themselves in the eye with a piece of salad.

Oh and the dressing. Salty as can be. It's pretty obvious this "kitchen" is more about opening packages; instead of preparing food.

The service started off ok; until the 12 minute span from when I finished eating until the check.

Been to 419 West? Share your experiences!