“Was hoping for more...” 3 of 5 bubbles

Brambleton Deli
Ranked #49 of 466 Restaurants in Roanoke
Cuisines: American, Bar, Delicatessen
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Bar scene, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Roanoke, Virginia
“Was hoping for more...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

First visit to the deli...which moreso looked like a restaurant/bar over a deli. The service was OK not great. The food was just mediocre at best. I had slaw and it was awful, the potato salad was much better. The inside is a bit dark and dingy and in need of a makeover. The experience was not horrible but would probably not return.

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Candidreviewer4u
“Unacceptable Prices, Great food and Great service!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

This restaurant is an old time favorite of mine. Excellent Reubens and burgers, nice outside patio and no smoking. However, we went for the first time today in over a year and were shocked by the prices. I ordered a soda and realized afterwards it was $2.50! Outrageous markup as anyone that knows the restaurant business knows soda is cheap to produce. What was really amazing to me was almost $8 for deli fries!? We almost decided to leave but instead opted for the almost $4 brew fries (which are excellent and still not a bad price) but decided to split an $8 sandwich as well. I believe the reuben we split was $8.25. It was excellent as always but the bill would have been $26 plus tax for lunch had we ordered two sandwiches (which only come with a chips). Once more, whenever we go to other restaurants in the area and split a sandwich (such as Franks) the waitress is always nice enough to maybe cut it inhalf in the kitchen and plate it for two with a sprinking of chips and maybe even two pickles. Our waitress brought the one sandwich with hardly enough chips for one plate and one little sad looking pickle. Truly disappointing. Lunch was about $22 for two sodas, fries, and one split sandwich. It would have been closer to $31 total with tax and tip if we both had had a sandwich. We realize prices do go up, but come on!? Additionally, I notice the entire menu was overpriced and when a full sandwich was, say $8 or so, the half sandwich was still almost the same price, like close to $6 (i dont recall the exact prices but it seemed very odd to me.) For this reason, I give this restaurant, with great potential, a poor rating because I wont be going back. They lost two long time customers today as well as others I am sure.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Candidreviewer4u
“good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

If you're looking for good sandwichs, this is an excellent place to start! Not sure why we don't eat here more often - possibly due to the tight parking - always seems crowded! You'll know why after eating here. Save room for the Snickers pie.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Ore than. Deli”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

While visiting my Brother in Roanoke, they suggested we go to eat at the Brambleton Deli. Ok I thought. I was expecting an actual deli. What I encountered was much better. The food was good and the beer selection was quite adequate. The BBQ here is simply fantastic. If you're looking for something off the beaten path, beat your way to this place. You won't be disappointed.

Roanoke, Virginia
“Gotta try the BD Special and Brew Fries!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

Best sandwich in town, and the fries are yummy! I don't eat fries often, but can't resist the brew fries here! Salads and other food great too, but LOVE the sandwich!

Visited November 2012