“Great food and atmosphere for families”
Review of El Toreo

El Toreo
Ranked #265 of 481 Restaurants in Roanoke
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great food. Friendly responsive staff. Great value. Highly recommended. They did the funny birthday thing for my daughter's friend with whipped cream in the face. We loved it. Superb burritos too.

There are newer reviews for El Toreo

Reviewed February 25, 2013

My friends and I went to El Toreo and had a nice meal. There wasn't a wait, the staff was friendly, but the food was just okay. Bonus: They do serve the white salsa, but you have to ask for it.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Thanks to the folks at Hampton Inn for recommending this restaurant next door. Service was very nice, food was good, portions are generous, and prices are reasonable. I also loved the bright and cheery and colorful interior.

FAJITAS - $13.49
We ordered the steak and chicken combo. The steak tasted low quality and my dad had a hard time chewing the meat -- but the chicken was very good. Next time we'd just stick w/ the chicken.

CARNITAS - $9.99
Ordered the carnitas since the other reviews raved about it. I wasn't a huge fan - maybe overwhelmed by the ginormous pieces of pork. They were tender too but I'd probably get something else next time.

TILAPIA TACOS - $8.99
They did the authentic double-layer corn tortillas, and my mom enjoyed her tacos.

The menu is pretty extensive so I'd probably try something else if I ever visit the area again.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

We had a really great mexican meal here, authentic, tremendous value and served by really friendly staff. This restaurant was a great find on our trip through the USA.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Fast service. Fresh food. Good servings at good prices. this place has been here a long time and is well known and well liked by the locals.

Been to El Toreo? Share your experiences!