“Good food and music you can talk by”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Blue 5

Blue 5
Ranked #29 of 467 Restaurants in Roanoke
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Good food and music you can talk by”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

The food is good and priced reasonably. The wait staff is responsive. My wife and I went on a Wednesday for dinner and music. The show starts about 8:00 or 8:15. I suggest making reservations - yes, in Roanoke on a Wednesday!! We had ribs - good. My wife's cajun fries were much better than my sweet potato fries. The menu is varied. The music (I have been there on two nights) is good and it does NOT eliminate the opportunity for conversations. What a joy!!

• Visited November 2013

“Fun Pub with great food”
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

All I need to say is blackened scallops. They were perfectly cooked and seasoned. I was not a big fan of the artichoke risotto, but if you like artichokes, it is probably sublime. The macaroni pie was quite tasty as well. We went to the late seating so we could listen to the music, but it didn't start untill 10. It was a veryloud atmosphere so we will likely go to the quieter early seating next time. Food was amazing!

Visited October 2013
Richmond, Virginia
“Great spot in Roanoke”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We were looking for a fun spot to take our Hollins student and we found it. The menu was full of options and 4 of us each found something we loved. Our server was very helpful in offering suggestions and thankfully convinced us to take home dessert. Very yummy.

• Visited September 2013
Jacksonville, North Carolina
“Fine Cuisine, great menu, something for everybody”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Menu selection was wide from pasta, salads to cajun fish, smoked scallops, steaks. We had garlic seared sea scallops for appetiser and the 3 entrees are all recommended: Cajun catfish, half rack ribs(St Louis style), Steak and Blue Cheese salad with a vinergerette dressing 4 to choose from.
Nice for a special dinner if your visiting friends or family. friendly staff and quick service before 9pm and before the band starts. Reservations strongly recommended.

• Visited October 2013
Toledo, Ohio
“Good food, great music, and a nice environment! I would go back.”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We ate here while on business in Roanoke. We made a reservation, not knowing if it was necessary. We were seated close to the stage, but the music was not overpowering. The blues/jazz group that was there was very nice, and relaxing! The cornmeal/garlic muffins were surprisingly addictive! We enjoyed them fully. I had a smoked pork tenderloin that was mighty good. It came with grilled veg that was a little charred, but not bad. My dinner mate did not like his main course, but it was just a weird thing to order, I think the food quality is still high. We also had their chicken and biscuit soup that was very, very good. This was a great experience! Service was pretty good, too, considering they were busy with the music and all. Easy parking downtown, too.

• Visited September 2013