“Had a better time before.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Blue 5

Blue 5
Ranked #29 of 467 Restaurants in Roanoke
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Studio City, CA
“Had a better time before.”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Had an opportunity to be there shortly after they open 4 years ago...loved the ambience, the food, the staff, and the music, especially the Fat DaddyBand. Very disappointed this time, food was nothing special and the band doesn't plan there anymore

Visited March 2013

Greensboro, North Carolina
“great food, awesome atmosphere!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We stopped in during a weekend trip to Roanoke. They had a good blues band playing that night, our waitress was so friendly and helpful. Our food was great, and could not say enough about how cool the atmosphere was. We loved it!

• Visited February 2013
Roanoke, VA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst experience ever”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Let me start from the beginning. I personally went in Blue 5 to make a reservation for a friend’s birthday for a party of 14, at least a month before our reservation date. The guy who helped me noted the reservation, the time, and the name…that’s all. Not once did he inform me that our reservation had a two hour time limit. My husband and I promptly arrived at 6:00 p.m. As we were being led up to our table, the hostess informs us that there will be another reservation coming in at 8:00 p.m. and we were expected to be out by then. THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I AM HEARING THIS and I informed the hostess of my confusion, I believe my exact words were “Wait a minute, we didn’t know that and we were planning on staying for the music.” I also expressed my concerns to our server, and she told us not to worry about it, she was sure that other tables would open up for the subsequent party. I gave the server cupcakes to put in the refrigerator.

I proceeded to order a glass of wine, they were out. I tried to order another kind; they were out of that, too. I ended up ordering a bottle of chardonnay that was repulsively warm. I had to keep asking the server for glasses of ice. The rest of the party arrived and we ordered dinner. It was mediocre; I had the shrimp and grits. My husband had the bleu cheese burger. He stated that the burger was good, but the fries were cold and stale. We would have told the server this, but she never came back to check on us. Promptly at 8:00 p.m., we all received our checks with a 22% gratuity added. I still had ½ bottle of wine and we still hadn’t received our cupcakes. I kindly tell the server to get the cupcakes. We sang “Happy Birthday” to our friend and as I’m eating my cupcake, the front-end manager, Chaz, comes up to our table and tells us we have to leave; he and other employees started bussing our tables while we were eating our dessert and finishing our cocktails. What?!?! Are you kidding me? I tell him about the fact that the first time I heard about their reservation policy and the two-hour turn-around for them was that night. He basically calls me a liar and informed me that I should have been told that the day I made reservations. That never happened. Chaz repeatedly came back to us and essentially stood over me and my husband while we were trying to finish our dessert and wine, trying to intimidate us…worst experience ever. It was also incredibly embarrassing. Chaz never tried to smooth things over or even offer us an alternative. Had we known this, we never would have gone there and after that experience, we will never go back.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank toniajd
Virginia
“Good spot”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Food is good, drinks are reasonable and they have some great bands come in. My favorite place to listen to live music in Roanoke.

• Visited March 2013
Arlington, VA
“Nice atmosphere, good food, fun night!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We had appetizers and drinks and listened to the sounds of the Ministers of Soul on a recent visit to Roanoke. Food was great and the atmosphere was upbeat and fun. A little loud if you want to have a conversation but that is to be expected with live music! Baked brie was delicious! Service was perfect.

Visited March 2013