“One of the best spots in Roanoke!”
Review of Blue 5

Blue 5
Ranked #22 of 491 Restaurants in Roanoke
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I love, love, love Blue 5! I go quite often. Fantastic beer selection, delicious food, and top-notch live music 4 nights a week (with NO cover charge). My favorite entree is the Sweet & Spicy Salmon (everyone I know who has tried this LOVES it) and my favorite appetizer is Fingers of the Chicken (not your typical chicken fingers, these are done tempura style). The Baby Greens salad is also amazing! Extremely friendly and accommodating staff, too. I'm from the Washington, DC area and this is one of the few Roanoke restaurants that could be dropped into the competitive DC market and thrive.

Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

We decided to try this restaurant while staying overnight in Roanoke. Called to see if we needed to call ahead,and talked to a not so friendly lady who seemed more bothered with our question than anything else(The day after Christmas and she had to go back to work I guess ). This place is for beer and music, if your looking for a relaxing environment for food,this is not it.Great local and microbrew selection! Good music! Average bar type food.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

The service is sometimes lacking, especially at the bar, but the food is always delicious. The beer selection is about the best in town as well. Highly recommend.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

It amazes me how Blue 5 is not the #1 restaurant in the area. The food is some of the best in the area. The restaurant could be dropped right in SOHO and feel right at home. The music always adds to the lively atmosphere while keeping the place classy. We enjoyed a wonderful meal and night of listening to the Ministers of Soul the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. A nice respite before a busy holiday.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Scallop appetizer is great, good salads and great fall of the bone St Louis style BBQ ribs that really do fall off the bone! Burgers are good as well. Great service from Jane and usually a very good music line up. I have never had to wait when I reserved a table, Live within walking distance and a frequent guest.