“Yes!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Virginia
“Yes!”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

The service is sometimes lacking, especially at the bar, but the food is always delicious. The beer selection is about the best in town as well. Highly recommend.

• Visited December 2012

Virginia
“Day before Thanksgiving break!”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

It amazes me how Blue 5 is not the #1 restaurant in the area. The food is some of the best in the area. The restaurant could be dropped right in SOHO and feel right at home. The music always adds to the lively atmosphere while keeping the place classy. We enjoyed a wonderful meal and night of listening to the Ministers of Soul the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. A nice respite before a busy holiday.

Visited November 2012
lake worth
“Great food and service”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Scallop appetizer is great, good salads and great fall of the bone St Louis style BBQ ribs that really do fall off the bone! Burgers are good as well. Great service from Jane and usually a very good music line up. I have never had to wait when I reserved a table, Live within walking distance and a frequent guest.

• Visited November 2012
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
“Food has yet to impress us, but love the happy hour”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We have visited here a few times with a group, and the food has been subpar. I've tried the garden pasta, barbeque sliders, and a burger. The burgers are good, I will give them that, but they are actually almost too large to get a bite out of. The garden pasta was a huge disappointment for the price, though. Stick to burgers here. Also, a couple of times, they have messed up and one person at the table hasn't gotten their food until everyone else is finished.

Visited November 2012
Roanoke, Virginia
“Salad surprise”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Three colleagues and I had a working lunch today, so we ordered take out from Blue 5 which was nearby. Two of us ordered the "New! Steak & Bleu Cheese" salad from the lunch menu for $9 each. The menu stated that the salad came with "..tender strips of filet..." When we opened the take out containers, the steak was nothing more than about 4 small bite sized pieces, if that.

I went back to the restaurant and asked to speak to a manager. She finally arrived at the front of the restaurant, and I showed her my untouched salad. She looked shocked too and immediately said this was not acceptable and went back to the kitchen and had the so-called kitchen help prepare two new salads the correct way. To her credit, she reversed the the charges for the two salads from the original order. I was told by the hostess that this women was a good manager and she would make things right.

After a few minutes, she returned with the re-made salads. When I looked inside the re-made salad container, my jaw almost dropped as instead of 4 small bit size chucks there were 5 or 6 small pieces. She claimed that this was the way the salads were made, after all it was ONLY a $9 dollar salad (i.e., what do you expect for $9?).

Obviously, I was disgusted with this situation. My solution was for her to put the steak from one salad onto the other salad for my work colleague, and I would just skip it. If you want my humble opinion, DO NOT order this salad from Blue 5 (and you may view the value of their other offered salads with equal skeptism) because for $9 it is a COMPLETE RIP-OFF. The only thing "New!" about this salad is the new and improved profit margin.

• Visited November 2012