“Great food, horrible service”
Review of Rosetti's Family Bistro - CLOSED

Rosetti's Family Bistro
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: We are dedicated to making your entire dining experience a pleasure. We want to be your favorite restaurant to bring the family; as well as, that special place to bring a date or for other special occasions. We excel at catering to business events, business dinners, as well as, larger non-business events, such as wedding rehearsal dinners. Our cuisine is Italian and Mediterranean and our staff is both friendly and accommodating. Our dishes are as healthy as we can make them and still be delicious. We cater to our guests' special needs with an extensive selection of gluten free and vegetarian dishes and options. Come gives us a try. You won't regret it. The Rosetti Family
Roanoke, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, horrible service”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Had dinner at Stafano's, formerly 202 Market, and while the food was fabulous, the service was very poor. The two waitstaff that were on duty in the dining room were both new, having only been there a week. There was no management or trainers around to assist them and they were both completely overwhelmed. To begin with it took forever to get a drink and when they brought out the bottle of Prosecco, it was set on a ledge next to the table rather than in an ice bucket. They brought the Hummus platter but failed to bring any bread to dip in it. After appetizers were ordered no one ever bothered to come back and take our entre order. Only three of the 4 salads were delivered. The place was completely disorganized.

The sad part is, one of the owners, the pretentious doctor with the pony tail, came by our table and apologized, blaming the entire meal on his horrible waitstaff, stating he was going to "take care of that problem". You would think at that point he would offer to do something like a free drink or desert, but clearly he isn't that concerned about keeping his customers. From my perspective he was the problem. Hanging out in the dining room acting like a big shot with his buddies, watching his poor team struggling and in over their heads because they were new, is terrible management. No wonder nobody eats at this place. It's a shame because the atmosphere is great and the food is great.

• Visited December 2013
2Yummy4U, Owner at Rosetti's Family Bistro, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
I am delighted that you found both the food and environment excellent. I am however deeply saddened that the service was below standard. I, as owner, take great pride in all facets of the restaurant experience and came in to see that all was not well. I am sorry that I appeared to you to
be "pretentious". I was embarrassed by what was occurring and tried to be honest in my explanation, as to what had occurred. Measures have been taken to ensure that this type of service experience will NEVER be repeated. I would hope that the authors of this review would contact me directly and give us another opportunity to serve them.

Stephen Rosenoff
Owner

Roanoke, Virginia
“not what I expected”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We had ate here for dinner and the menu was great but the lunch menu has a lot to be desired. It is mostly subs, sandwiches and salads. There were also 4 pasta dishes but all very plane. I had a sub and my wife a club sandwich. They were very good and the service was fine as well. We wanted a little more than they were offering and thought this upscale rest. would have a larger menu for lunch.

• Visited November 2013
Thank you for your comments. I am pleased that the food and service was good. We were in transition with our menu during a conversion to a more Italian offering. I feel that, should you decide to return, that you will be pleasently surprised.

Thanks again for your patronage and comments,

Carolina
“Great environment”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

This hotel has a great environment whether you are dining with your friends or business partners. The staff is very attentive, and the restaurant provides excellent quality food at a reasonable cost. A good wine selection is an added advantage.

• Visited July 2013
Thank you for comments and I am delighted that you enjoyed the food , the environment, and the service. Our goal is to serve you.

Please come again,

Salem, Virginia
“Great Experience!”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

My wife and I had a wonderful experience on Halloween evening and highly recommend 202 for it's fine food and superior service. The Osso Bucco was the best I have had anywhere in America. My wife's salmom was delicious and cooked perfectly. Our server Chris did a nice job of making us feel welcome and was attentive to our needs. He went the extra mile to ensure we had a memorable experience.

Try this place; you'll love it!

• Visited October 2013
I am delighted that you had an excellent dining experience and hope that return soon. Our goal to great food and service in a relaxed atmosphere.

Thanks again,

Boones Mill
“Relaxing Atmosphere”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I ordered the filet and it was awesome. I have never had a filet presented or fixed like that before. The service could be a little more prompt, but it was better than the last time. The atmosphere is laid back and relaxing.

• Visited October 2013
Iam delighted that you enjoyed your experience at Stefano's at 202 Market. Please hurry back as we are waiting to serve and deligfht you.