“Best Western Plus, Valley View, Roanoke, VA” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View

BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View
Ranked #5 of 39 Hotels in Roanoke
Knoxville TN, United States
“Best Western Plus, Valley View, Roanoke, VA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

I was returning home from an extended business trip in very inclement weather when I remembered one of my favorite Best Westerns in Roanoke, VA. I have stayed here on numerous occasions over the last 15 years and was always pleased. I was not let down this time either. As usual, everything was as close to perfect as was humanly possible and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lori W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
Art,

Hello there! I wish we were like Mary Poppins "Practically Perfect In Every Way", but of course we're not. The difference is that we truly care. Hey! Maybe we're more like her than we realized.

Thank you for such kind words.

Hope to see you again the next time you're in Roanoke.

Lori Womack

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Halethorpe, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

A pleasant hotel to stay the night. Clean, bright, everything works,easy check-in,check-out, breakfast too.Front desk made you feel welcomed. Will stay here again when in the area.Parking lot well lighted.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars

Oscar,

Hello! You're one Oscar that's not a grouch! :-)

Loved your review. Won't you stop by and see us again soon? We look forward to it. Email me at teamlori@yahoo.com or call us at 540-362-2400 and we'll take care of your reservations.

Have an awesome week,
Chalfont, PA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

Overall, a very nice one night stay. Property was clean and in nice condition, staff was friendly and helpful. Nice value for for the money, incl. AAA discount. Breakfast was good, but not great. Would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lori W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, August 23, 2014
James,

Hello PA friend! Glad you took the time to review us.

Any suggestions for breakfast? We have so much food varieties to choose from....and they are prepared fresh daily by Sabrina, our Breakfast Manager. We take all suggestions seriously and have actually shaped our menu to answer our guests' advice.

Houston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

Would definitely stay in this hotel next time we are in this area. Staff was extremely helpful and courteous. Rooms were very nice and the beds were very comfortable. We were fortunate and the rate was good as we had been traveling and didn't have reservations for that night.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Nathan,

When I was a little girl and we traveled to the east coast on vacation...we stayed at what is now called "mom and pop" motels. Five kids and two parents in a room with two beds. The room rate was $20 and I remember my Pop saying that it was outrageous! LOL! What memories these motels with their advertising of pool, colored television and air conditioning gave me. I wouldn't trade them in for anything. Now we're honored to be part of your Vacation 2014 to Virginia. And may you have many more awesome vacations to come!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

This Best Western is fabulous. The front desk staff give excellent customer service. I would certainly stay here again. The indoor pool was a nice bonus. It rained for us while there and the indoor pool gave us a way for the kids to burn off extra energy.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Susanna,

Hey! After three daughters and two grandsons...I'm all about expending some energy before bedtime! Glad to oblige! (I could have had them help us clean rooms and do laundry too...any way we can help! LOL)

Thank you for the kind words. Please come back and see us!

Pembroke, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

We made a one night stop going from New Hampshire to Tennessee. Like most Best Westerns, this was a clean place with a comfortable bed and a free breakfast...it even has an indoor pool. It ain't the Ritz but the price is right.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
LOL! It' ain't the Ritz! Love it!

But even though we aren't fancy-schmancy, Best Western's are fast becoming one of the nicest hotel chains in the U.S. and....one thing that makes us stand out more than our competitor like Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn is we honestly, truly care about our guests!

I thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review!

Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

We reserved a room here after reading all the positive reviews on Tripadvisor. Although the staff was extremely pleasant and the hotel appeared to be clean, our room had a strong mildew/musty odor. I'm sorry to say I cannot recommend this hotel to other travelers.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Amanda K
:-(

I wanted you to like it too!

Amanda, there's no doubt about it....we've had a lot of rain this month! With that being said, we're treating these rooms that have a slight musty smell every day...trying to keep the damp weather out. (not covering the odor...but treating the rooms with a dehumidifier and deep cleaning.) But's it's a very small number of rooms. Out of 84 rooms, we have just a couple of stubborn ones.

So, I've called other hotels around our area and asked them how they're dealing with it. They're having the same issues.

I hope the next time you come through Roanoke, you'll notify me. I'll make arrangements to have you stay as my guest. You'll see that these other Tripadvisor reviews are true...and the next one you give us will be " I like it, I like it"!