“Conference with Kids!”

Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View
Ranked #8 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Had to take students to a 4 day conference in Roanoke. We were trying to stay at the Roanoke Conference Center but they were booked. Wound up here. Was the best place to be with students. Although on the small side in comparison to the conference center, made it easy to check on kids when at the hotel. Had all the amenities one would expect including a fridge and microwave! The staff were AWESOME! We had to commute to the Hotel Roanoke for competitions etc. and had a shuttle bus bring us. Everyone was so nice. Good breakfast included with room. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Lori W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

Chris,

Hello there!!

Glad to here you all made it home safely. We enjoyed having your group here so very much. I love the Hotel Roanoke too so in comparison, we are small. But we're personable aren't we? We DO care about each one of our guests.

Do you think you will be coming our way again next year? I hope so.

Let me know and I'll take care of the arrangements.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View

Reviewed August 1, 2014

Staff were very friendly and helpful. I had mechanical problems with my car and had to extend my stay. They were able to accommodate my family even though the motet was maxed out because of a regional baseball championship in town. Great location: close to airport, nearby shopping center and many close places to eat. I'll be staying there this coming week.

Mr M,

Oh, yes. I trust you made it home ok. Once in a while we get a stranded motorist that seeks comfort and assistance with us. We're glad to help anyone in that situation. We're glad we could help you.

Thank you for leaving a review about us. We appreciate your feedback.

See you again?

Reviewed July 31, 2014

This is a very well taken care of property, Guest rooms are quite comfortable, and the rates are reasonable. Location is near restaurants and shops. The continental breakfast is well maintained and the food choices are good.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Lori W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

PA friend! Hello!

Thank you for giving us such a kind review. We've been very busy these days with summer travelers....and we love it! It's why we're here.

Take care and please come back and see us.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

We were traveling south along Blue Ridge Parkway and this hotel was close by to spend the night.
Comfortable beds, clean room, adequate breakfast (included). Room has refrigerator, microwave and coffeemaker. Free Wi-Fi. Free USA Today newspaper.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Lori W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Margaret,

Well, that just about covered it. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you loved the Blue Ridge Parkway trip as much as we do.

Please come back and see us the next time you're down here from Bal'more!

Go Orioles!

Reviewed July 22, 2014

My wife mistakingly booked tomorrow's date at hotels.com instead of today's and we could not change booking ourselves. Skyler at the front desk was very helpful as we had only a Swedish mobile (would cost a fortune) and phoned hotel.com on our behalf and fixed everything for us. It took her some 15-20 minutes but finally everything was OK. She really saved my wife's mood and our family happiness.
Rooms are quite spacious and has everything one needs. Judging by the information we have here breakfast should be good too. Parking is included.
Quite a bargain for the US$ 130 we paid.

1  Thank Djerdapmania

Here's another review about Skyelar. (Geesh, I hope she'll be okay to work with now...she might get an ego! LOL!!) She is awesome...for sure.

Thank you for staying with us. I trust the breakfast turned out to be nice as well.

Be safe in your travels,

Regards,

Reviewed July 21, 2014

The guests with the BB tourney were horrible. I don't hold the staff responsible for the unruly kids but I would have asked them to behave or leave. Once. But I know that you have to be polite but the other guest deserve that relaxing experience as well. Those chaperones weren't doing their jobs either.

Thank Christopher C. S

Chris,

Congrats to the newlyweds! And thank you for emailing me at teamlori@yahoo.com. I was on vacation during the Commonwealth games, but of course I was told that a team was absolutely unruly. I understand that the staff and manager on duty had to constantly try to control them.

But you'll be happy to know that I received a letter from the coach profusely apologizing for their actions. It seems that the girls were super excited and the adults underestimated the need for the amount of chaperones.

Your group was extremely kind about the whole thing and we appreciate that. Taking that team again next year is something that will have to be seriously thought about. We don't want our other guests to be inconvenienced. I'm so sorry.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

The hotel attendants were super nice and the hotel was very helpful with finding a room for our dog. The room was in good condition and very clean. There was a very nice pool but we didn't get a chance to use it.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

We LOVE doggies!

It was our pleasure to find your a room. For our guests reading this thinking of bringing your pet...just a few pointers:

We only accept dogs...no cats, iguanas, lions, elephants or snakes please.
We only have five rooms designated for pets. Please call ahead because they fill up nearly every night.
We deep clean our pet rooms after each check out so we do charge a cleaning fee of $25 NON-Refundable for one dog. And additional $5 for the second dog.
Our limit for dogs is two

Hope that helps!

Thank you for your review!