“Great hotel”

Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View
Ranked #8 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Reviewed June 17, 2014

This is the second time we have stayed here. We had a group of 35 people. The rooms are nice, but the downside is the double rooms have double beds rather than queen beds. The rooms had refrigerators which are nice to have. The breakfast room is small, but the breakfast was very good and we all had a place to sit and enjoy it. Good hotel!!

Room Tip: Unless you need two beds, ask for a king room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Lori W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Wendell,

Hi there!

Yes, for now we have rooms with double beds. But did you notice that our headboards are a tad wider than the beds? That's because when we remodeled, we planned ahead with the queen headboards, but had only recently bought double beds. Since the doubles were still in excellent condition, we decided to wait. But soon our queen mattresses will be here, so check back in the future.

Meanwhile, come back soon and take advantage of all of our many amenities we have to offer.

Than you so much,

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Friendly staff could not compensate for this property's shortcomings. If you're into 1980's decor, old furniture, warm refrigerators, small closets, slow flushing toilets, damp air, musky smells and bugs, then this is the place for you... To Management - your front line staff should not be placed in apologetic postions because of the condition of your property.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Lori W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Mr. Kenneth T,

Oh, my goodness! I'm confused, confused, confused! (did I mention I'm also confused)? ;-)

Once in a while we get ants that come through our air conditioning units during this time of the year, but of course as soon as they are spotted, we call an exterminator. That doesn't happen very often....but, yeah...it happens. But termites and "probably bed bugs"???....OUCH! NO!

We were completely renovated just three years ago. New everything......so.....our décor is a little newer than "the 80's" .....not that orange shag and big flowered wallpaper aren't cool though.
( ;-) again)

The rest of your comments are also a little confusing...(warm refrigerators, small closets, slow flushing toilets, damp air, musky smells)......but that's perfectly okay by me. That's exactly why I ask each guest to write a review....to help the next potential guest.

Lastly, you wrote "Friendly staff could not compensate for this property's shortcomings." The desk clerk you spoke with was Skyelar. She's awesome, isn't she? I understand that she gave you your stay free because we never want someone to pay good, hard-earned money for something they're not happy with! And then.... "To Management - your front line staff should not be placed in apologetic postions because of the condition of your property."...........but actually....we already ARE in an apologetic position when one of our guests aren't happy. We roll into action and remedy problems immediately. And we really are sorry (not like kinda sorry, or just sorry we got caught....but we really are sorry) that you didn't have a good experience.

Thank you for taking time out to review us. I looked at the room you occupied, and it's actually a great room! But what I love about Tripadvisor is that our guests get to comment on THEIR experience...not what the General Manager thinks.

Please come back and stay with us again as my guest. I think you'll see that one bad experience isn't really us. Call me at 540-362-2400 or email me at teamlori@yahoo.com and I'll make the arrangements.

Have a terrific summer!

Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

The staff were all very friendly, the room was clean and everything worked properly, and the breakfast was good. What more could you want from a hotel. It is hard to find and even harder to figure out how to get out of, but within walking distance of the mall and a number of restaurants.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Laserman43,

Ahhh...thank you so very much for your review. The one above you scared the bejeezus out of me. I have such a good, honest staff and an awesome little hotel. And hearing ANY complaints makes me worry. ( I think three grey hairs popped out just from reading that review).

Seriously, you review was very kind....and I believe accurate of our hotel.

Please come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

Great stay on drive up the Blue Ridge to Stanton - lovely town.
Round trip courtesy van from hotel to Roanoke airport made a late night arrival easy.
Clean, comfortable, very quiet rooms made for a restful nights sleep.
Friendly, personable staff. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

I was going to call you Sleepless Sue and Jim in Seattle...but you had a restful night...so that won't work.

Isn't the Parkway just lovely? Did you know it is America's 2nd most visited unit of the National Park System? In 2013 there were nearly 13, 000 visitors, but yet it remains one of the most beautiful, pristine roadways in the States. We're very proud of that!

Thank you for such a nice review. And come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

Perfect location for our needs. The rooms were quite, clean and comfortable. The staff was pleasant and helpful. The location was close enough to the center of Roanoke so we could easily drive in for dinner and visit the Taubman art museum and yet right off 581. The breakfast buffet is great for a quick convenient breakfast. The location and amenities worked well for us.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Well, I WAS for VT, but after THAT review....yes...I'm for NJ! LOL!

I'm very glad we were just what you needed. That's exactly what we're here for.

Please come back and see us again!

Reviewed June 11, 2014

We stayed there overnight during a motorcycle trip. The staff was very nice and Mike the shuttle driver was accommodating and accommodating. Our room was clean and quiet. The breakfast was what is to be expected.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hello Pat B!

Oh, I remember you. I'm so glad to hear you made it home safely!

Because I'm also a biker, (Honda Shadow ACE) I love hosting the weary bikers that come our way off of the Blue Ridge Parkway. We're so fortunate to live and work at one of the most visited National Parks in America. Visit our website at bwroanoke.com where I've put a link to great rides in our area as well.

I hope you come back and see us the next time you ride North.

Take care,

Reviewed June 11, 2014

I have stayed here before it was a Plus. They did a nice job on the remodel and they upped the place big time. All I can says very nice, staff, rooms and food. The location is perfect, just off the interstate and very close to shopping. On my next trip through the area i will be staying here.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Jim T,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I didn't personally make any decisions concerning the remodel of the hotel. (They have professionals who know what they're doing in that department), but they did do a good job with it, didn't they?

Before you come and visit with us next time, email me at teamlori@yahoo.com or call me at 540-362-2400 and I'll make the reservation for you!

We look forward to seeing you again soon!