“Average place, don't go for the complimentary breakfast”

Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View
Ranked #7 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Fairfax, VA
“Average place, don't go for the complimentary breakfast”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I went with my children and they enjoyed the small heated pool. It was a nice touch to see a rubber ducky in the bathroom. The room was average to good. All of the employees were very nice. The breakfast was the usual continental breakfast but there were also wraps, eggs, biscuits, make your own waffles and a couple of other things. I am not a picky eater but I actually threw away 2 of the things I tried because they did not taste good to me at all. If you are looking for a quick breakfast, you could grab a bagel (there were no Plain bagels for my son) or other things (ex. cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt) but I would not choose this hotel for the free breakfast.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Lori W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Hi there Fairfax friend!

I concur with your heading! Do NOT stay here for the breakfast! After all, it is a hotel breakfast. We have hot scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes, oatmeal, Belgian waffles, even breakfast pizza. Lots of food, but let's be honest....it's NOT Mom's country breakfast (although Sabrina DOES prepare it with love and wears an apron).

Here's why you should stay with us: We care! Our rooms are clean! We are kind! We're Friendly and love to have fun with our guests! We don't operate by rules, we operate based on what our guests want, and all of our changes are based on what our guests ask us to provide.

I'm so glad you had fun in the pool! It makes us happy to see our guests splashing and having fun (especially the kids).

Email me at teamlori@yahoo.com or call me at 540-362-2400 the next time your coming our way and I'll make sure whatever you've requested for breakfast is there for you. I want you to leave knowing we made your visit personable.

And lastly, thank you for taking time out of your busy day with small children to leave us a review. I like people who leave me honest, down-to-earth feedback. ;-)

Lori Womack

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Midlothian, Va
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I felt very much welcome and enjoy my stay. I would recommend this hotel and the location to others. I would like to see more mirrors in my room but other than that very nice hotel. The hotel also had a heated pool that was just great.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Overby
Lori W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Mrs. Overby,

I got your kind email today and it was such a nice letter.

Thank you for choosing us. What would we be without you and others like you and your family?

Call me or email me again if you're ever coming our way again. Remember 540-362-2400 or teamlori@yahoo.com.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

The facility was well kept. The room was very clean and comfortable. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We had a very pleasant stay during our visit to Roanoke. There were plenty of restaurants nearby and the motel was is a good location also close to shopping.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Hey Mikey! You like us!!

Hello. Thank you so much for an awesome review. We really do have the BEST guests in the world stay with us. Thank you for being a part of it all!

Call me at 540-362-2400 or email me at teamlori@yahoo.com the next time you're coming our way and I'll make your reservation for you!

Easton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 25, 2014

I would stay again (if I'm in the area). The front desk lady was very friendly and helpful. ~to her I say, "thank you" ~ The room was nice and clean. I wish we arrived sooner so we could enjoy the pool. We were too tired to use it. :( The breakfast was also very tasty.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Lori W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Hi there Momma!

I'm so happy that you took the time to give us feedback. Good or not-so-good, I love reviews. And I insist on answering them myself instead of my Assistant because I MUST know what you like and what we need to work on...and I need to hear it straight from YOU!

Hey, now you've got an awesome reason to come back down to this area.....US!

Call me at 540-362-2400 or email me at teamlori@yahoo.com if you need anything.

Lynchburg, Virginia
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Everyone was welcoming and helpful. The room was clean and spacious. I did not spend a lot of time here as the plane was very late and I did not get in till 12:30 a.m., I did have breakfast the next morning. It was ample with some choices.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Lynchburg neighbor....where is my green marker? I saw the three out of five "circles" for us and I looked like this -> :-(

I know you didn't stay very long, but what do you think we could have done to get at least a four because that was my goal from the minute you drove into our driveway until you checked out.

Staying with us to fly out early the next morning still gives us time to wow you and I intend on giving you such an awesome stay next time that you'll go...ummmmm.....well.......wow.

Please call me or email me directly and I'm going to be waiting for you with bells and whistles.

54-362-2400
Cookeville, Tennessee
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I was very happy with our stay. The front desk staff were friendly. Check in and check out was quick and easy. Great location right off the highway, close to restaurants and Valley View Mall. Room was clean, beds comfortable, bathroom clean, nice flat screen with good selection of channels, leather recliner super comfortable, internet was great and indoor pool was a nice plus. I was happy with the no smoking rooms at all. Nothing against smokers, it's just nice not to have smell smoke or the mixture of air neutralizer and smoke.Experianced that before while staying on a non-smoking floor at other hotels. I would stay again and recommend Best Western Plus to anyone.

Hello Tennessee friend!

Thank you so much for giving us a great review!

We don't have anything against smokers either. We appreciate them staying with us! It's just that the smoke odor is so difficult to get rid of in our rooms that we must insist the smoker's NOT smoke indoors. But you know, they're all great about it. In fact they understand better than a lot of non-smoker's and respect our policy. Sometimes we have a guest who just really doesn't want to go outside in the cold, rainy night and they smoke, but that's very rare. (And they REALLY dislike paying $150 cleaning fee when they check out!)

Please come and stay with us again soon! I'd be happy to make the reservation personally for you. Just call or email me.

540-362-2400
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I was very impressed after I checked in, later that night the front desk asked to see if I needed anything at all. I was pleased overall with my stay. The daily breakfast was good and had lot to choose from. Room was very clean, lots of pillows and the bed was comfortable. Free wi-fi that worked fast. The night shift girl at the desk (blonde hair and glasses) was so friendly and helpful! I liked that it had a back door so I could take my dog out and not have to walk a long way. Overall very pleased with the stay. I have to say the maids there worked their tails off and did a good job!! Thumbs up to you!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Lori W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Thank you so much for all of those kind words! The blondie you write about is Skyelar! She's a hoot! Love her!

You know, thank you too for mentioning the housekeeping department. So many times they get ignored. Yes, people mention how clean our rooms are, but these girls clean 15-20 rooms every day (Imagine that!) and they are grateful to have a job! We're so fortunate to have them on our team.

Please come and stay with us again soon!
540-362-2400