“Awesome”

Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View
Ranked #8 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

Everything was just wonderful. The rooms were nice the AC worked perfectly the showers were nice. My cousin was meeting us there with her kids and the staff was so nice to them. At breakfast one of the staff members, Sabrina was exceptionally accommodating and kind. I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Lori W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2014

Rachel...YOU'RE the one that's awesome! You gave us a terrific review! Thank you so much to you and your family for staying with us. We love hosting families and hope you'll come back and see us again soon.

Please call me at 540-362-2400 or email me at teamlori@yahoo.com and I'll make your next reservation.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Excellent service!! Wonderful to work with. Availability and prices great! Clean and nice. We always call this hotel first because we have had such a positive experience with them while in this area. Good experience!

Room Tip: Sometime we may need a room that is a first floor room with very little walking to reach the room...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Lori W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Anita!!!!!!! You are our 400th Tripadvisor review!!!!! YAY!! Umm...I don't have a prize for you but Hey! You gave us a great review so that's a prize right? Right? LOL!

Really, we're the ones who were really the winners having the opportunity to serve you!

Thank you so much for taking time to give our readers feedback. We're not for everyone...but your review helps others decide.

Please come and see us again soon. I'll take care of your reservation if you'd like me to. Just call me at 540-362-2400 or email me at teamlori@yahoo.com.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

I had a wonderful stay for one night at this Best Western. Excellent in all categories:
very clean, very courteous staff, very good breakfast, very comfortable room and
a great view of the surrounding Blue Ridge Mountains.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the shopping mall, since the rooms on the other side face the highway.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Lori W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Helllllo New Joisey friends!

I'm so glad you mentioned the views of the Blue Ridge Mountains. That's not something that we write about a lot but it's true. Roanoke is nestled in a beautiful valley surrounded by mountains. From most of the rooms you have a beautiful view of these mountains.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our hotel. Please come back and see us again soon. Call me at 540-362-2400 or email me at teamlori@yahoo.com and I'll make the reservations for you.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

I needed a hotel and checked reviews of several by the airport and this Best Western came back with high ratings compared to others. The price was similar so I picked it and was not disappointed. It was clean and quiet, and had a good breakfast selection.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Ashleys,

I'd talk louder but I can't...I have to whisper. Our guests are sleeping and we don't want to wake them! I AM wondering how we're going to turn this vacuum on though without making noise! (wink)

Seriously, ( I wish I had a nickel for every time I said "seriously" and then don't stick to it), But seriously...you would think that where we are located would be noisy. But we're actually very quiet. Other than the hacking lady (see following review) we're usually a quiet hotel. (I also wish I had a nickel for every time I write quiet).

Please contact me at teamlori@yahoo.com or 540-362-2400 if you need my assistance with making a reservation ANYWHERE at any hotel and I'll take care of it for you....seriously.

Take care,

Reviewed March 27, 2014

We had a great stay at this Best Western. The room was very clean, the customer service was wonderful, the continental breakfast was tasty, and even though the pool was small and there was no hot tub, it was warm and we enjoyed it quite a lot.

My only negative comment is that the walls are paper thin and the woman in the room adjoined to ours never left and hacked constantly, though I certainly don't blame BW, it was a little off putting...

None the less, I would definitely suggest you stay in this BW while you're in Roanoke!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Em R,

Aww...that's such a good review for us! We are so grateful to you. I'm going to look to see who the woman is that stayed beside you....and if she ever comes back.....we're going to put cough drops on her pillow!

Please contact me if you have any more suggestions at teamlori@yahoo.com or 540-362-2400.

Ricolllllllllaaaaaaaaaa!

;-)

Reviewed March 25, 2014

I stay here almost every week for days at a time . The desk clerks are excellent & helpful and always go above and beyond . Management is also wonderful . I would reccomend this hotel to anybody , give them,a try !

• Stayed: February 2014
Lori W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

It's seldom that we know exactly who reviews us. We can't always tell by the user name, but in this case we know!

Bill, you've been staying with us for years now. I know you have a choice and I know that you are the one that chooses where your company stays. It means so much to me and my staff to know that you prefer us! Thank you for reviewing us on Tripadvisor. I know that you're busy but you took the time to give us feedback. Much appreciated.

Please call me if you ever need anything. We're here to help!

Lori

Reviewed March 25, 2014

We could see this hotel from the roads around it, but it took time to work out we had to drive through the shopping mall car park to get there.
Staff helpful and pleasant - especially at breakfast - and room was clean and pleasant.
Breakfast was very good: freshly cooked french toast sticks (ate too many, dipped in good coffee like churros - lovely). There was some interesting looking meat, capsicum and potato hot dish earlier in the breakfast session which seemed to have been made with the construction workers in mind, but had finished by the time we went in to eat.
Was told they would have opened the indoor pool for me in the morning if I had asked - good service indeed.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Ohhhh....some of our travelers from across the pond! Fun, fun!

'Ello! (that's in my English accent)

I have to share this story with you: Sooooo...I'm scheduled for my interview for the hotel (seven years ago) and of course, I don't want to be late. I know where the hotel is....or so I thought. I take the correct exit...or so I thought....and can't find the hotel. I turn around....and yay...I see it beside me only I can't get there...so I turn around and go another way...and can't get there again. Jumpin' Jehosiphat! I'm cutting it close with time. So I finally get there right on the dot. I THOUGHT the hotel was difficult to find. I wondered why someone would build a hotel where no one could find it. But then I realized that it was incredibly easy. I had just taken the wrong exit. If I would have taken 3E it would have brought me right up to the hotel driveway...along with three other hotels, restaurants and shopping. I now know that we are in an exceptional, convenient place.

We really are easy to get to. I'll draw you a map if you need me to...but it really is easy. Here are the directions in a nut shell: I-581, exit 3E, take the first exit ramp (Shopping Center exit) and we're the fourth driveway on the right. Tadah!

See you again soon? 'Ope so!