“Best Hotel Along I-81 in Virginia.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View

BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View
Ranked #5 of 39 Hotels in Roanoke
Royersford, Pennsylvania
“Best Hotel Along I-81 in Virginia.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

We were traveling from PA to SC and decided to spend the night in Roanoke since it was the halfway point in the trip. A friend of mine recommended Best Western Inn and it was a great recommendation. The room (2 double beds, 1st floor) were clean & had plenty of storage space so suitcases were not laying all over the room. The bathroom was spacious and had a heat lamp. Breakfast was good, and the hotel was near many restaurants so finding somewhere to eat upon arrival in the evening was not difficult at all. The pool was closed but that is not make or break for me, was only staying one night in winter. Would definitely stay again and would recommend to friends & family traveling along I-81.

Room Tip: Our double bed room contained a chest that suitcases could be stored in out of the way until morning...
    • 5 of 5 stars
Lori W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Megan M,

I don't know what to say (which is unusual for me)! Ok...I'll give it a try (wink)...

To say we are the best hotel on I-81 is one of the nicest things anyone has ever written about us. I've been wondering if this is an exaggeration and I decided that I agree with you.....

Here's why:

We are nearly 19 years old but we are an updated, newly renovated, ever-evolving hotel. We're located next to the Interstate, the airport, etc., but a very quiet hotel. Our staff is friendly, friendly, friendly. We know why we're here...to serve you. Our prices don't gouge, but we're not a "cheap" motel either. We say we are what we are.

You know, we used to be Number 1 on Tripadvisor until a new hotel was built (they didn't crawl up the ladder, they debuted at #1...tough to beat) and then an historic, full-service hotel that money gets dumped into it (I wonder where they get all that money...oh, yeah...their guests) jumps up and bumps us down again. These two hotels ahead of us are beautiful and deserve a spot at the top. But again, we are nearly 19 years old and still manage to stay at the top. Why? Cause we really are a great place. And according to YOUR review...the best on I-81. We can't rest on those laurels, but I'm going to milk that for everything I can. LOL!

Thanks again for saying such nice things about us. Please email me at teamlori@yahoo.com or call me at 540-362-2400 if you have any questions or ideas for me.

Lori Womack

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Colonial Heights, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

It is very difficult traveling with a pet and rooms are not always clean. Our room was very clean and pleasant.

Our check-in was completed by Skyelar. She is a true professional and definitely sets the standard for customer service. Skyelar called shortly after we went to our room to ensure everything was okay or if we needed something. This is rare. We have traveled considerably and stayed in various quality of hotels and have not received such a call.

Room Tip: If you are staying only one night, ensure the room key works on the outside doors in the morning. W...
1 Thank Brenda C
Lori W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Hello Brenda C.

We LOVE our doggie friends. We've actually bonded with some and they give us lots of lovin' when they come back to see us!

Isn't Skyelar awesome? We are so fortunate to have her on our team. Next time your here, ask her to let you hear her Long Island Medium accent. ;-) (She's from Idaho...soooo it's funny).

Hope to see you again on this side of the Commonwealth.

Monroe, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Loved the room and the availability. The breakfast was great. Our 4 year old found everything that he liked. Which is usually a chore. Something for everyone. The room was very nice and clean with lots of space for our son.

Jessica,

I'm not sure where Monroe is, but I'm sure it's a great place.

Thanks much for such a kind review. Your opinion means a lot to us (but actually everyone's does...good or bad).

Please come back and see us soon.

Roanoke, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Check-in was easy, pleasant. Cost was right for a one night stay. Plenty of heat and hot water. Room was very clean but outdated. Wallpaper and paint were beginning to peel. Mattress on one of the double beds needed replacement.

Hello Harry!

Thanks much for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm really glad you stayed with us.

With so many positive comments, I would have loved to have seen a higher rating, but it did get my attention. (Just a quick update on our rooms, we were just renovated recently and added a larger breakfast area, fitness center and guest laundry to our long list of amentities. We also changed our beds to create a higher mattress and more relaxing sleep) I can't wait to show you these things next time you visit with us!

Barre, Vermont
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Rooms for people with disabilities are at the other end of the hall from the elevators. Not a good design. Shower chair does not fit in the tub. Breakfast was not as advertised. Don't bother with the breakfast.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lori W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear CCYR (I'm calling you See, see your review),

I'm absolutely in agreement with you about the ADA rooms (disability accessible rooms)! I can't argue there! Honestly, in all of the hotels I've managed in nearly 26 years, they've all been designed with those rooms in the back of the building. Weird. Unfortunately, that's what we've inherited here....SO......what we would be happy to do...in fact we insist on it....is that the next time you come our way, you call us and tell us what you need and we'll fix it the best way we can. We'll even carry everything to your room and bring you breakfast if you like. Whatever we need to do to take care of you....we'll do.

I'm hoping you can tell me a little bit more about not having the breakfast we advertise. I only list what I do offer. No more, no less. AND, the good news is, we're revamping our dining area as I write this. So it's going to be much better than it has in the past. Let me know more if you would. My email address is: teamlori@yahoo.com.

Thanks much!
Finksburg, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Lovely hotel. Very clean. Very difficult to find , however. Have had to have the ever delightful desk clerks talk us in every time. Bed was a bit squeeky but the lenins were clean and tight, just as I like them. Brought my own pillow so I cannot give you feedback on those. Large variety of cold AND hot breakfast food but no half and half for my coffee(minor complaint).This hotel was a bit off our route but definitely with the extra few minutes drive.

• Stayed February 2014
Colleen,

Hello our Maryland friend! I've decided that the next time you come to Roanoke, we're going to have to put out our "Bat Signal"...or should I say "Duck Signal" for you to find us! ;-)

Thank you for such a nice review of our hotel. Seriously, it's in a great location but it can be difficult to find if you're not familiar with our area. Call us any time. We LOVE to have travelers call us!

See you next time!
West Chester, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

This is a very good place to stay with easy access to restaurants, shopping, auto service, banks, and the college. Motel staff is terrific and their breakfast offerings are fresh and plentiful. Parking is a breeze.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Thanks so much for your kind words. We do have a great location with easy access to and from I-581 and I-81. We are located at Southwest Virginia's largest shopping complex, Valley View Mall.
Thanks for staying with us and I hope you will visit us again soon.
Gary Purvis