We had a reservation for a room at that hotel. We arrived and asked to see the room first.
Being rewards club members of that hotels chain, our personal room preferences are mentioned on our membership details list and the staff should be aware of them.
The room was located close to noisy vending machines and it had an adjoining door to the next room - unlike our preferences.
We went back to front desk an asked for a quiet room. We were given a second room at the end of the corridor, far from vending machines, but with an impossible mold odor.
We came back to front desk and asked for a not stinking room, without mold odor. We were given a third room that had exactly the same strong disgusting mold odor as the second room had.
When we came back to front desk for the third time, the lady at the front desk said that they have a problem with the mold odor - so it wasn't a new or an unknown issue, but it didn't stop them from trying to sell their guests stinking rooms.
She said that they don't have other available rooms, so we canceled our reservation. She didn't like that at all and treated us as if it was OUR fault, as if WE have done something wrong.
We asked to receive a printed cancellation and she refused. She told us that WE have to call Best Western reservation center in order to make sure that our reservation is canceled and that we are not charged. It was in the afternoon, well before cancellation time. There were no other guests at front desk at that time.
We didn't give up and insisted that she is the one that should call Best Western reservation center and make the arrangements. She had no choice and called them.
So what did we have here?
- They ignored our preferences they knew about, without even telling us.
- They sent us 3 times to rooms we could not stay in.
- They tried to sell us stinking rooms although they knew they are stinking.
- The lady at front desk refused even to take care of our cancellation, that we had to make because of they negligence.
- We remained without a room for that night and had to start looking for a hotel.
- Nobody at that hotel even thought to apologize.
I must tell you about an interesting note I saw hanging from the inner part of the front desk. It said: DON'T LET A PROBLEM LEAVE THE HOTEL. Not only did they let the problems they created leave the hotel, they didn't even try to solve them.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Best Western, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Inn At Valley View Hotel Roanoke
- Best Western Hotel Roanoke
- Best Western Roanoke
- Roanoke Best Western