“Nice but pricey” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 39 Hotels in Roanoke
Grundy, United States
“Nice but pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Nice hotel everything was good except the price and I suppose the price is about average for this style of Hotel in that location but $112.00 a night is steep for me to afford. If you stay in the cheaper Hotels you usually run into "issues" and I hate "issues." Just wish all prices would come down especially as tight as money is these days.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Timothy J D, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
We hate "Issues" just as much as you do and I am happy that you didnt run into any of those while staying with us.
I hope that you choose to come stay with us again. Please email me at bwplustim@live.com if there is every ANYTHING I can do for you.

BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We join to all reviews where the hotel is evaluated as very good
Besides the hotel breakfast is a good quality with wide selection of entries.
There is a few diner options in pedestrian accessibility near the hotel – we used Applebee.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hey there
Thanks for out our reviews and deciding to stay with us. We do have over 30 restaurants within a 1 mile radius of us along with several recreational and shopping activities. Come back and see stay with us again in your future travels!

Jacksonville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Ranked #3, but easily the best value for the midrange. Location, Location, Location. Walking distance to the mall and restaurants, next to airport road 2 exits from downtown roanoke and close enough to the Blue Ridge Parkway, all you need to know about this quiet friendly town we have grown to love, the trees are in moderate peak with full peak expexted in a week to 10 days.
The Hotel is spacious, the indoor pool is barely ever used during our stay, except by me and the morning manager makes an awesome breakfast. The zero gravity chair inroom is great for reading or watching tv or just resting your feet after a long day. They have a bike Wash area for the weekend superglide riders and a new laundromat is being built soon. Will be back, enjoy. Also Pets are allowed although you will not hear them from your room.

Room Tip: Handicap accessible are at the end of the hall and seem to be away from any front desk traffic have...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
What is it that they say, sometimes the best thing is a hidden secret? Or something like that. We like to be considered Roanoke's best hidden (But VERY VISIBLE) secret. I think it comes about us putting our guests above all. We love our guests and our guests love us!

Please come back to see us sometime

Nashville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

This place is by far, one of the best places we have stayed for it to be a chain. Lots of extras. Comfortable room, wonderful bed, very clean, nice recliner chair, quiet, convenient!!!
Breakfast was there but I did not eat. I am not a breakfast person. My husband said it was OK. They even had omelets. They let me take an apple with me.
We were passing through, headed to Portsmouth to a wedding and were only here for one night but I would definitely stay here again if I have the chance.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Claudia M
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Claudia,
Thanks so much for taking the time to share your comments. I am pleased your visit was enjoyable.
I trust the wedding was a wonderful experience and the bride and groom are doing well as they embark on a life together.
Please visit us again should you return to the Roanoke Valley.
South Florida, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

The hotel is in good shape and the room was clean. We had to wait about 20 minutes at the front desk to check in, checking-in in the early evening. The only desk attendant was off assisting another guest leaving only an I'll be right back sign at the desk. I'm sure that was a rare occurrence and she was very apologetic and helpful once she returned; however, a single desk attendant on the 4th of July holiday weekend was probably not a good idea.

The indoor pool was nice and there was premium parking close to the lobby for Best Western Rewards members. The complimentary breakfast was well appointed with a lot of options but the breakfast area is much too small for such a popular hotel. My wife and I couldn't eat and my daughter was only able to eat an apple in a chair by the reception desk.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Eric,
I'm sorry you had to wait at check-in. Only having one staff member on July 4th isn't a good idea, but sometimes things happen at the last minute and we can't be fully staffed as we would wish to be.
Over the winter months we are enlarging our breakfast area. As the breakfast concept in hotels has steadily increased with selections, our space has gotten smaller and smaller. We are moving some walls and creating more room for our guests to sit and organizing our food layout to be more convenient. I hope you return to visit us again so we can share our renovations.
Sykesville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

My new wife and I spent the first night of our honeymoon at this great hotel. Upon arrival we immediately realized this was no ordinary place. We were greeted by an incredibly friendly, funny, and helpful desk clerk. She pointed out several local restaurants where we could watch football (the hotel is located near a mall). After dinner we got into our room and were impressed by the size and comfortable furnishings. In the bathroom we were thrilled to find a rubber duck left by the cleaning staff! We adopted this duck, named it Bill, and he accompanied us on the remainder of our honeymoon and became a facebook sensation among our friends. The complimentary full breakfast hit the spot! We would definitely go back if we find ourselves in the area again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ElroyJetson1965
Dear ElroyJetson,
Let me get this straight. Your new bride allowed you to watch football on your honeymoon? Wow! What a lady. I hope you returned the favor and took her shopping for some new shoes or jewelry.
I'm happy for you and your wife and I hope your new life together is off to a great start.
I would love to see some pictures of Bill on his honeymoon with his new "parents". Feel free to post them on TripAdvisor or send them directly to me.
Thanks!
Crossville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We reserved a block of rooms for family and friends. I believe everyone enjoyed their stay. Since we were busy with wedding stuff during the days and evenings, breakfast was our main time to mingle with each other. Yes, the breakfast area is small, but it wasn't a problem as people came and went. We staked our claim to the larger table in the lobby and thoroughly enjoyed the time. The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and well furnished. No complaints at all. Since the newlyweds live just a few miles away, this would be a great place for us to stay when we come to visit. We love the Roanoke area!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Craig W
Craig,
Thanks for sharing your comments. I am pleased your stay was enjoyable and comfortable. The wedding group was a pleasure to have and we would love to see you all return.
We are soon to begin a remodel of our breakfast area. We are taking out some walls and increasing the space to give our guests more room to enjoy our breakfast selections. I hope you will visit again so we can share our improvements.