“One major fault”

Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View
Ranked #8 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We spent one night at this hotel during our vacation in June and were not thrilled. The place is inexpensive, modern, clean, well maintained and offers a good breakfast but - and this was the big turn-off - has a lot of communicating rooms with doors that are about as soundproof as tissue paper. These are great for families that want them but for couples who don't want to listen to the people next door it's not so great. Our first room had a communicating door and the adjoining room had a family with young children in it. They weren't particularly noisy but were very audible. We requested a move - and were put into another room with a communicating door! Fortunately, this time our neighbours very quiet. We wouldn't go back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Lori W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Eric!!!! Oh...NOOOOOO!!! We have many, in fact, most rooms that are NOT adjoining. Please come back and give us another chance. Just email me and tell me that you do NOT want an adjoining room and we will not give you one.

teamlori@yahoo.com....email me. Ok? ;-)

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Nice clean hotel close to restaurants. Just off of interstate 81 in Roanoke Virginia. Hotel staff was helpful. Small pool near the lobby. This hotel is in an area close to shopping as well. Worth the stop.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hi there John S!

Thank you so very much for the great review! We appreciate you staying with us! Come back soon!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

having Stayed at Best Western Williamsburg can't say I was looking forward to this but don't have any real complaints except for a yapping dog 2 doors away that the owner also took for a walk under our window at 6am!! although breakfast area was again small it was much better than last experience and the girl worked extremely hard refilling and restocking all the breakfast items

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Food Addict,

We love dogs...but not when they "yap". I'm so sorry that the dog kept you from having a pleasant stay. But I hope you'll come back and see us again soon.

And next time, email me and I'll have some food waiting for you! :-)

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Very friendly staff, very quick check in and check out. Only thing that keep it from getting an excellent rating is the size of breakfast area as other reviewers have stated. How ever we were able to get a table quickly others did have to wait a few minutes for tables to free up. However the breakfast was worth the wait, hot and fresh.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Oh, Darn! I would have loved to have hit it out of the ball park for you!

Yes, our breakfast area is so small. It's so small that....well...I think readers are getting tired of my "It's so small that" jokes....so we'll just leave it at that. It's small.

But thank you so much for the review!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We always stop at this best western on our annual drive from NYC to Alabama and have never been disappointed. The staff is nice and eager to answer questions you may have about the area and the rooms are clean and reasonably priced. The location is convenient to many restaurants and to shopping areas. We will continue to make this our stop on our way down south.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Hi there!

We are very appreciative of the review you've given us! We hope you will visit with again soon...maybe on your way back up from Alabama?

Hope so....

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed overnight in Roanoke on July 6 to break up my long trip South. I had a great experience. I will be returning to the same hotel on my trip back home. I found the hotel via Tripadvisor and was very pleased. It was close to many restaurants and shopping and churches for Sunday.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Elaine,

Thank you for your review! Have you made reservations yet? If not, I'll take care of them for you! (I can't see your last name or I'd check)

For everyone reading this...if you want me to make your reservation personally...I'd love to! My email address is: teamlori@yahoo.com

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was our second time staying at this hotel and we were just as pleased
as we were the first time. We came to Roanoke for a wedding but found my
husband's mother having a heart episode and had to call 911 and spend
several hours at the emergency room with her.

When we got to the hotel late on Friday night, the deskman asked if we were
traveling with a pet, then teased with me about charging me double, and I
replied, "If you knew what kind of day I've had, you wouldn't be saying
that." I wasn't offended, just teasing him back. He immediately said, "Well
things just got better, you're at Best Western.", handed me a plate of
cookies and a box of cupcakes and said, "Have a cookie, have a cupcake."
Then he put dog bones in a cup and said, "We don't leave anyone out." Such
a nice man!

We appreciate being able to have our very well behaved dog with us and
having a nice area to walk her. The rooms are large, lovely, and
comfortable and it is so quiet. Breakfast is great and even with a packed
house that weekend, there was plenty of good food for everyone. The
breakfast room could be larger, but we always found a place to sit as people
were courteous about leaving as soon as they had eaten. The young woman
working in the breakfast room kept everything filled and clean.

The young woman who was at the desk Saturday morning was super nice and
understanding when I told her of the situation with my mother-in-law and
that we didn't know if we would need to stay another night or not. She
assured me that she could hold our room but wouldn't charge us if we were
able to leave on Sunday morning as planned. She asked me to let her know if
there was anything the hotel could do to assist us. She was there on Sunday
morning when I checked out, asked about my mother-in-law, and again was very
sweet.

Thanks for providing such a lovely place to stay and
staffing it with such caring people.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank skilodgevb

Oh, so nice of you to tell me that!

The man with the treats is John. He's our resident baker! FYI, he's also now our Breakfast Manager so I expect he'll be making fresh cookies more often. He's also got a heart of gold.

The young lady who checked you out is Lauren. She's a little quiet but she does care!

And we LOVE dogs! If we could keep them all here we would! (That goes for babies too)!

Thank you very much. They all read Tripadvisor so I know they're going to love these reviews.