“Clean and convenient”

Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View
Ranked #8 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We always stop at this best western on our annual drive from NYC to Alabama and have never been disappointed. The staff is nice and eager to answer questions you may have about the area and the rooms are clean and reasonably priced. The location is convenient to many restaurants and to shopping areas. We will continue to make this our stop on our way down south.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Lori W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Hi there!

We are very appreciative of the review you've given us! We hope you will visit with again soon...maybe on your way back up from Alabama?

Hope so....

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed overnight in Roanoke on July 6 to break up my long trip South. I had a great experience. I will be returning to the same hotel on my trip back home. I found the hotel via Tripadvisor and was very pleased. It was close to many restaurants and shopping and churches for Sunday.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Elaine,

Thank you for your review! Have you made reservations yet? If not, I'll take care of them for you! (I can't see your last name or I'd check)

For everyone reading this...if you want me to make your reservation personally...I'd love to! My email address is: teamlori@yahoo.com

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was our second time staying at this hotel and we were just as pleased
as we were the first time. We came to Roanoke for a wedding but found my
husband's mother having a heart episode and had to call 911 and spend
several hours at the emergency room with her.

When we got to the hotel late on Friday night, the deskman asked if we were
traveling with a pet, then teased with me about charging me double, and I
replied, "If you knew what kind of day I've had, you wouldn't be saying
that." I wasn't offended, just teasing him back. He immediately said, "Well
things just got better, you're at Best Western.", handed me a plate of
cookies and a box of cupcakes and said, "Have a cookie, have a cupcake."
Then he put dog bones in a cup and said, "We don't leave anyone out." Such
a nice man!

We appreciate being able to have our very well behaved dog with us and
having a nice area to walk her. The rooms are large, lovely, and
comfortable and it is so quiet. Breakfast is great and even with a packed
house that weekend, there was plenty of good food for everyone. The
breakfast room could be larger, but we always found a place to sit as people
were courteous about leaving as soon as they had eaten. The young woman
working in the breakfast room kept everything filled and clean.

The young woman who was at the desk Saturday morning was super nice and
understanding when I told her of the situation with my mother-in-law and
that we didn't know if we would need to stay another night or not. She
assured me that she could hold our room but wouldn't charge us if we were
able to leave on Sunday morning as planned. She asked me to let her know if
there was anything the hotel could do to assist us. She was there on Sunday
morning when I checked out, asked about my mother-in-law, and again was very
sweet.

Thanks for providing such a lovely place to stay and
staffing it with such caring people.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank skilodgevb

Oh, so nice of you to tell me that!

The man with the treats is John. He's our resident baker! FYI, he's also now our Breakfast Manager so I expect he'll be making fresh cookies more often. He's also got a heart of gold.

The young lady who checked you out is Lauren. She's a little quiet but she does care!

And we LOVE dogs! If we could keep them all here we would! (That goes for babies too)!

Thank you very much. They all read Tripadvisor so I know they're going to love these reviews.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I stayed here overnight because I was Roanoke going to training. I would have definitely liked to have stayed longer however. Very nice, quick check-in. The room was very clean and smelled fresh. Air conditioner worked well. Nice size, clean bathroom... the little rubber duckies are cute! The location of the hotel is awesome. It is surrounded by everything you could need. Restaurants, a mall, Wal mart, etc.. If I ever have to return to Roanoke I know where I will be staying...

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Hello Danville friend! We loved having you here during your training. Please come back and see us again any time!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

From the outstanding staff to the clean and comfortable room - this place was fantastic! This was our first stay at a Best Western in many many years. My husband & I both say "If this is Best Western, than we need to change the chain we usually pick when on the road!"
Very long motorcycle trip and we spent more money per night at other stops before here, but that certainly did not make it better than this place.
Sadly, picking two other Best Westerns on the way home after this experience I can honestly say: Other Best Westerns can take a lesson or two from these guys!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank M B

Wowzee!! Thank you so, so much for the awesome review! We're so flattered that you feel that way! We need to work on some things but other things we do really, really well.

I'm sorry to hear that the other Best Western's weren't up to par. Best Western International has extremely high standards and we strive to meet...no...surpass them every day!

Please visit with us again on your next bike trip!

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I don't typically stay at Best Western chains but I recently got stranded at the Roanoke airport and most of the other hotels were full. I got great service from the moment I was picked up by the shuttle at the airport until I checked out the next day. The rooms are a little dated but were clean and it showed that they take extra care to make the bathrooms and bedding look nice for guests. John at the front desk was so helpful and courteous and it really made my crappy airport experience seem not that bad.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Lori W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Mary G,

So sorry for your problems with your flight. We're glad you finally found us and enjoyed your stay even though it wasn't under the best circumstances.

I hope if you are ever in this area again it's under better conditions. Glad you're home safe and thank you for the review!

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Checked in after a long day riding m/c from TN. After dinner and showers, some man was trying to get in our room and began banging on our door. We told him he had wrong room. He went away. Half hour later he was back banging on door again. We sent him away again. After we were asleep, front desk called asking us who we were, what time we checked in, etc. said they couldn't find anyone registered in that room. Settled back down, just got back to sleep when night manager called again. Can't find any record of us, more questions, apologies, etc. Next morning they gave my partner 500 extra points on her rewards card for the inconvenience. I didn't find that fair! There were two of us in that room who were disturbed by the banging and the calls! And in the morning, when we greeted the desk agent who checked us in, she wouldn't even acknowledge us, like it was our fault whatever happened in their system we couldn't be found! I will bypass this hotel when in the Roanoke area again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Lori W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Debra,

Awww...I'm so sad about your review. From one biker to another...I know how important it is to get enough rest! The reason I called you around 9:00 that night was because the desk clerks were VERY concerned about the person who thought he was in the room you were assigned. You see...he had stayed with us the previous night, took his things out of the room and then decided to return...unbeknownst to us!! His key wouldn't have worked though...we're very careful about that...but he just thought he was okay going back to his old room. Strange...I know...but that is what happened. When your partner registered your room...she registered under one name and when we talked to you, you of course gave us your name. Two completely different names and I just couldn't match them up. When I asked you if there was any way the room could be under ANYONE else's name you mentioned that I might want to try your friend's name since she was the one who checked in. Then we were finally able to identify you. I'm sorry for the phone call. I didn't think it was too awfully late...but it sounds like you did.

Also, I'm sorry that I only gave your partner 500 points. We are only able to give points to: 1)Best Western Rewards members or 2)If you are a BW Rewards member, I would need that account number. Since we had no record of you in our system, I wasn't able to reward you with any extra points. Email me at teamlori@yahoo.com and give me your account number and I will gladly add some points on to your account.

As far as the morning desk clerk not acknowledging you, I'm very sorry. That doesn't sound like her at all...but since all of my staff reads the Tripadvisor reviews we will have a conversation about it soon..I'm sure.

Please come back! We are the official hotel of Harley-Davidson and love bikers! Email me if you return and I'll personally make your reservation...but it better be in your name...it's less confusing. :-)