“Best Western lives up to its name!”

Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View
Ranked #8 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Reviewed September 19, 2012

This was a busy hotel - and could have been noisy and unpleasant - I was nervous getting a first floor room during my 7 day stay (plus, the room was close to the elevator and the ice machine - YIKES) - I was very pleasantly surprised that my stay was very quiet, the staff was religiously courteous and helpful, the environment was spotless. A special shout out to Tina T. and a superior housekeeping staff.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Lori W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2012

Christina! It's oh...so kind of you to say such nice things about us!! We really love our jobs and taking care to make sure you are happy comes natural to us. I will say though that if you EVER get a room that you aren't happy with, or are nervous about the location, simply tell us. We want you to be completely comfortable with your surroundings (even if it means moving to another hotel...if that hotel would meet your needs better).

Also, Tina is one of our many shining stars and she'll be giddy to see her name on Tripadvisor! (yes...I said giddy) ;-)

Please come and see us again soon.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Booked through Priceline so got a good deal on this room; after seeing more good than bad reviews on tripadvisor.com, we booked it. We were pleased with the place; friendly staff and caring service. Free and fast wi-fi. Promised to do something about a neighbor's barking dog if it got out of control, very caring about that issue. Breakfast very carb-heavy but that's the one complaint. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Booked a handicap room unintentionally, but seemed very convenient and well-appointed. First floor b...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Lori W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Thanks so much for the kind words. As a low-carb eater, I concur that pastries, gravy and yogurt (among many other items) aren't very low in carbs, but we do have eggs, sausage and cheese..that helps. For the low calorie dieter, we have fresh fruti, grapefruit slices, sugar=free items and of course healthy cereals. We try to keep a variety, but space is limited, so I try to keep what the majority requests. Send me some ideas what YOU'D like to have...and I'll see what I can do. Also for the readers, if you email me before you arrive and tell me you have a special diet I will get you as close to your request as possible. Stay in touch!

Reviewed September 9, 2012

We arrived in the late afternoon and we were pleasantly surprised that we could park our bike at the front entrance. Knowing that our bike would be safe from the rain and watched on camera gave us a peaceful mind. Our room was immaculate, and very comfortable. The staff were warm and friendly. We would recommend this hotel to anyone and we'll be back in the future.

• Stayed: August 2012
Lori W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Thank you so much, fellow bikers! Best Western is the official hotel of Harley-Davidson, so be sure to ask about our Harley rates. But as a Honda rider myself....no worries to other bikers, we've got a special rate for you too! Check out our Biker Packages on bwroanoke.com or for some of our favorite roads around here!

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Had a 3 generation road trip with my son and grandson. Stayed in 4 hotels and the others didn't even come close to the niceness and value of this BW Plus. Dante checked us in and I have to give him props as I had never been so warmly greeted by desk staff! The room was fabulous and the breakfast was first class. Management is doing it right! We will be stopping there again the next time we are in Roanoke.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Lori W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Hello and thank you for such an awesome review!! Email me the next time you come into Roanoke and I'll make your reservation personally for you! My email is teamlori@yahoo.com

Reviewed August 29, 2012

great stop. Jackie checked us in and was extremely helpful . I wish all desk personal could be like her, Hotel was clean and restful, Great area and easy access to Interstate
This is a A1 stop in all facets

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jim C
Lori W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Every day when Jackie arrives for work, she heads straight for Tripadvisor to see what our guests are saying. Imagine her delight when her name appears here! :)

Thank you so much for visiting with us! And thank you for mentioning Jackie. It always helps inspire us when we get an "attaboy"!

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We chose this hotel because it was dog friendly.We were warmly welcomed and directed to a room on the first floor. It was nicely decorated with plenty of room. I love their bath products which are mild and have a wonderful fragrance.
The continental breakfast was under Kristen's care. She did a fantastic job of keeping everything organized. The room was very neat and clean with numerous food choices.
We would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BamTgg

Thanks to one of our many Northerners for such a great review. Kristen is very attentive and she will appreciate the comments.

Please come and stay with us again soon. We'll be waiting for you!

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Donte @ ck in was wonderful..great personality n very helpful..
room good size, beds comfy, clean ...fridge..coffee..microwave..kids enjoyed the pool n breakfast..
Libby ck out great.. sweet, kind..easy out..
Kenny... awsome... havent met someone that nice n kind in a long time..
over all ...great for stop over n quick rest before more miles on the rd..location next to airport n mall..

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank travel3Pa

Thank you so much for the kind words. We try to treat our guests exactly how we like to be treated, (with respect, kindness and care)

Libby, Donte and Kenny are just a few of our outstanding partners. I'm glad you mentioned them! They love seeing there names in lights! (wink)