“Amazing Staff!”

Ranked #8 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
West Virginia
“Amazing Staff!”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

From the check-in, to the awesome breakfast attendant (Kristen) to our check-out (Tina), our stay, although short, was great! The room was clean and nice and breakfast was good. The breakfast area was a bit small but the food was good (loved the waffles!!). Even though it is near the airport, we did not hear one plane. Not a resort, but a nice place to stay nonetheless.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
, General Manager at Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
WVSkier, Kristen and Tina are awesome, aren't they! We all love them! Thanks much for your review. Much appreciated!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Austin
Reviewed May 30, 2012

The customer service at this hotel is top notch. Very friendly and helpful. The cleanliness and comfort of the rooms were also very good. The breakfast served was okay; about what you'd get at any other free continental breakfast (which isn't really saying much, really). But, again, the service at breakfast was very nice.

As far as the rooms go, there were a few features that might make me look at other hotels. The sink and mirror were in the bathroom with the toilet and shower - I prefer a room that has the sink and mirror outside of the shower area so that I can get dressed while my traveling companion showers. Perhaps the hotel could add at least a mirror to the room so that one could apply make-up outside the bathroom. Also, there was no exhaust fan in the bathroom so I had to wait for the steam to subside before I could go in after someone else took a shower. I also suspect the lack of a fan caused the room to smell a bit musty (not too bad, but just a little).

When I booked the room, I was excited to use their indoor pool in the mornings to get some exercise. But the pool isn't opened until the staff have time to check the chemicals in the pool which was around 8:30 or 9:00 so I couldn't use the pool before getting dressed, which was disappointing.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay. I might look into neighboring hotels if I were sharing a room with someone again, but if I were traveling alone, I would definitely stay here.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear IvySue....I concur. :)

We wonder why mirrors weren't put on the outside of the bathroom as well, and maybe soon that will happen. (especially if our owners read your review). Hotels are all designed so differently and while we have many, many positives...we also have some negatives that I'd love to change. But for now, we'll take all the advice we can get from our guests for future improvements.

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Come back and see us!
Tupper Lake, New York
Reviewed May 29, 2012

From the people at the front desk to the cleaning service, EVERYONE was extremely happy and pleasant! The hotel was immaculately clean and the breakfast was more than adequate. We couldn't have asked for anything better!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
DonnaS, Thank you for the recommendation! We appreciate you staying with us...and please come back and visit us again soon.
Marion,IN
Reviewed May 24, 2012

We were traveling down the Blue Ridge Pkwy and made this a stop after the first day. I usually can find about any place in a city, but this location had me stumped. I called the hotel and was talked to the location by the desk clerk, JoJo. I was close but it is tucked back in heavy retail area so thanks to him for getting us there. The room was wonderful, spacious and clean. We asked for a top floor room for overhead quiet and it was a very quiet room. The breakfast was very good and amply supplied. The area looked to be very safe. So this hotel got two thumbs up from us.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Lori W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Dear friend from Marion, thank you for the awesome remarks about us! Our hotel is in a good location, it's just a little challenging to get here....kind of like Heaven! :-) We joke that we get lost every day coming to work! But now that you know where we are and how to get here, please come back and visit with us again. The thing about our hotel is, we give you all the privacy you need, but we love it when we and our guests get to know each other. You can never have too many friends in this world!
Bel Air, Maryland
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Front desk folks were very customer friendly. Spoke to the maid in the morning she was helpful

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor/excellent room. quit/clean/nice TV
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Francis, thanks much for leaving a review about us. I want to make sure people know that we aren't perfect, but we give it our best shot! When are you coming to see us again? We'd love to have you?
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed May 21, 2012

My family and I rolled in at 3am without reservations for our son's graduation at Virginia Tech. The night Manager Val was totally awesome. She quoted us a fair price but then actually knocked a few dollars off as we were checking out a few hours later.

The room was clean and comfortable and we all slept fine. The next morning going to breakfast, I've never had so many staff members at a hotel, including the cleaning crews, greet me with a friendly 'Good Morning'. I don't normally ask to speak to the manager to say 'Great Job' but I did this time.

Had I not already had reservations for another hotel that night I would've definitely stayed longer.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you again for such kind comments about our team! When you checked out after speaking with me, I felt very proud of the wonderful group of people I am fortunate to know! They genuinely care about people...not just our guests...but people in general. That's why they are so successful in their work. I hope you can come back and visit with us. We enjoyed having you here!
Ashburn, Virginia
Reviewed May 14, 2012

I've been to many hotels in my life, but I can't think of one that can top Best Western Plus at Valley View, as far as service, patience, hospitality, etc. I made my reservation almost a year in advance of my stay. Because we of my daughter's impending college graduation, I had to call the hotel and make a variety of modifications, over the past several months. When I called to make changes, NOT ONCE did I encounter anyone who wasn't pleasant and patient. One of the managers, Tim, went out of his way to help me with special requests. I had to make several changes and everyone I spoke to on the phone, showed professionalism that you don't always see in our times. I'd like to thank the staff who were there this past weekend. The front desk, housekeeping, food service help, etc....all made me and my family feel at home. Kristen was so warm, friendly, and patient, while we ate a delicious breakfast. We never felt rushed, and she went out of her way to help us feel at home. Val, Tina, and Chris, were extraordinary, in the way they treated us as guests. They handled everything with such aplomb! Carolyn, of Housekeeping, took the time (as she was leaving work one day) to lead my husband to the nearest grocery store. I've never seen a hotel staff with the high standards that Best Western Plus Inn at Valley Views has. I would return, just to be in this warm, and oh so professional environment. Thank you for everything that you did, to make this the BEST hotel expiernece of my life!

Room Tip: We were on first floor. Quiet and nice.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Lori W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, May 20, 2012
Dorothy, we were very happy that you stayed with us during your special time! We know that graduation weekend, weddings, renions, tournaments are all such an important time in our guests' lives. We're so very glad to be a part of these moments...even just a little bit.

Three weeks ago we had a 93 year old woman stay with us. As she was checking out, she said that in all of her years, she had never been treated as kind as she had been by our staff. I was deeply humbled.....and for the first time in a long time.............speechless.

Thank you for staying with us...we know we have a big job and sometimes we slip up, but we love taking care of all of our guests.