“What a great place to stay!”

Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View
Ranked #8 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Reviewed August 21, 2011

We have stayed at the Best Western Inn at Valley View several times in the last few years and never been disappointed with anything. The location is great, putting us close to all the amenities of the area: shopping, movies, and events in Roanoke and South Central Virginia. A great place for a couples vacation, although we have watched families enjoying the swimming pool. The staff are always friendly, upbeat, and ready and willing to help with any request, which tells me the management sets a very high standard. Kudos to you, Lori! The rooms are large, clean, with comfortable beds, good reading lights, HDTV, and WI-FI internet access. There is a fridge and coffee machine if you need a snack before going to the breakfast room off the lobby. The bathrooms are totally up to date and even offer a little yellow rubber ducky to take home to the grand-babies! Although it is very close to the airport, we have never heard a plane land or take off. The on-site parking and shuttle service to and from the airport are added bonuses. I can't recommend this Best Western highly enough. It is definitely the best, Best Western around! We'll be back soon!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2011

Thank you for posting your comments concerning your recent stay at the Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View.
I know the roads at the mall area can be confusing but I didn't know GPS wouldn't take you directly to the hotel. I will look into that problem and try to get it corrected.
The Best Western is conveniently located at Valley View Mall with many wonderful restaurants nearby.
We look forward to having you visit again if you return to the Roanoke Valley.
Gary Purvis
VP of Operations

Reviewed August 19, 2011

My GPS could not find this hotel, but keep looking, it's worth it. Very clean, quiet, excellent staff and a good breakfast. Convenient to just about everything in Roanoke. If I'm ever there again, this is where I'm staying.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2011

A fine spot! Got is really really late - but was greeted warmly and treated in such a manner that we could shuffle down the hall and get to sleep!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2011

I used to travel about 4 nights a week on business and have experienced all kinds of motels. During the last ten years we have only stayed in a motel a few times a year. This Best Western has really been a pleasure to stay at. When I was in sales, I made the observation which is about 90% true, that the attitude of the employees is a reflection of the attitude of the manager. If you have a pickle for a manager, you will probably have pickles for employees. The opposite is also true. The reason I'm so impressed with this staff is because they really do go out of their way to make their customers happy. When they speak of their manager, you can see the smile on their faces and hear the excitement in their voices. This tells me they have a super manager. This type of attitude can't be faked, it has to come from the heart. I have stayed here several times in the last year, and look forward to future stays as well. The rooms and grounds are clean, the breakfast area is second to none, and you never get the feeling you are "just" another customer. They treat you as though you own the place. While this motel is close to the airport, I have never heard the first airplane while in the motel.
This is what I call a great motel. Many roses to Lori Wommack, the manager.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alan D
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Stayed here as the final stop on our Blue Ridge Parkway tour. This hotel was part of a group of hotels located on the Valley View Mall complex. It was a bit difficult to find without a GPS or available directions (we were on a motorcycle) but we had been in the area in the past and we were able to find it pretty quickly. The room was amazing and the dresser hutch that also hid the microfridge was genius. The room had a recliner and matching footstool that was so comfortable that I nearly passed up going to dinner to rest in that chair for awhile. The bathroom was a good size and very clean. The bed was very comfortable and my husband and I nearly overslept. The continental breakfast included cooked eggs, sausage, and sausage gravy and was very filling.

I wish I could have stayed another day, and if we stay in Roanoke again, I'm definitely staying here.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Amy L
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Our family has had to be in Roanoke for the healthcare of my elderly father. The staff and facilities could not be better --and for the price of the stay, this hotel is a gem. Navigating to the hotel may be a little confusing for people not familiar with Valley View Mall, however, Mapquest did fine for us.
We have stayed in other locations in Roanoke before, but this is now our choice.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank jgyaeger
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Really nice hotel, very clean, nice room with very comfortable beds, great AC, microwave/fridge. Nice touch was a tiny rubber duckie with plenty of bath towels in the very clean bathroom, and also a cool leather swivel chair with a leather footrest, for sitting up and watching TV. Perfect location, right on ring road of Valley View Mall, so plenty of restaurants, movies, shopping nearby. Nice indoor heated pool, but no hot tub. Elevator right by lobby. Nice fast complimentary laptop computer in lobby with printer. Nice little continental breakfast with pastries/fruit/yogurt/waffles/sausage/breakfast burritos. VERY clean and nice. Located by the airport but we never heard a plane while sleeping. Perfect for visiting kids up there, and will recommend to my friends with kids in college there!

Room Tip: On the Best Western site, choose best rate.