“Embarassing-Don't Go”

Taaza Indian Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Taaza Indian Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 498 Restaurants in Roanoke
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A Full service Indian Cuisine served with a flair. Come and experience the cuisine in a authentic way.
Reviewed January 5, 2011

Took my co-worker today fo the lunch buffet-promised him it was "much better than Nawab" (the old-school but always reliable other Indian restaurant in town). So embarassing, what a joke. Virtually NOTHING on the buffet at lunch-just empty trays! Not even plates to eat what was there! The worst thing is the staff didn't even seem to give a darn...no complimentary beverages, no apologies. Will never go back again. Must be under new ownership(?). Don't Go.

3  Thank birdmanimal

Reviewed October 12, 2010

If you want a new cultural experience and are looking for fresh food well prepared at extremely reasonable prices, this restaurant is for you. Come for the lunch buffet and try some new delights; you won’t be sorry.

Reviewed August 17, 2010

I have been going to this restaurant for years and loved the food. One day, I called in for carryout and they completely messed up my order. When I checked the receipt, I realized that they added 18% gratuity to my bill for a pickup order. Even worse, I left a tip which I normally had done since I was a regular there. When I called and talked to the manager, he stated that this was the standard on all orders. My question was, "Who am I tipping, the cook?" Needless to say, they have gotten very stingy on the portions they give and what they charge for "extras". Now, they have taken the next step in charging for services not even rendered. Too bad.

1  Thank thrnmllr
Reviewed May 28, 2009

This is a good value for a good variety of Indian food. The food is good, especially when the naan is fresh and hot.

Reviewed April 15, 2009

I've only visited during the week so have not tried the buffet. However, I have never had a bad experience. The service is outstanding, the food is incredible, and the atmoshere is perfect.