“A good experience with Residence Inn” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Roanoke Airport

Residence Inn Roanoke Airport
Ranked #15 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Columbia, South Carolina
“A good experience with Residence Inn”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

We stopped at the Residence Inn in Roanoke on our way back from New England. We found the room to be very nice, with ample room. The hotel had a free supper and free breakfast. Both meals were very good. The staff were very nice and helpful!

We would definitely recommend the Residence Inn at the Airport.

Bruce and Janet B.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Franklin, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

We would stay here again. Staff was nice and the breakfast was pretty good. Rooms were clean.

We were told that animals are usually kept to the first floor but we were put in a room on the third floor right next to two noisy corkies. This was after asking the check-in person to put us in a room that didn't have animals in it recently or near it. Found some white animal hair in the carpet too.
Understand this is the risk when staying in a pet friendly hotel.
We really like the Residence Inn because they have a better breakfast than the Fairfield and Springhills and usually have more spacious rooms. We are platinum members so we try and stay Marriott wherever we go.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Ops_Director_Josh_G, Manager at Residence Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you for taking time to review our property. We are a pet friendly hotel, but having pet hairs in the room should not happen to any of our guests. We deep clean all of our rooms after a pet stays, and clearly we failed in this instance. We do try to keep all pets on the first floor but being a smaller hotel we do run out of first floor rooms occasionally, and have to move pets to other floors. We hope to see you on your next visit to Roanoke.
Manassas, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

I'll start with the good, and then go to the not so good. The room was spacious, and the bed was comfortable. The housekeeping in the rooms was good - except they did remove all the towels the first day even though we hung them all up. The hotel was very quiet - even though we had a room next to a large family with many kids we could not hear them in the room. The A/C worked very well. There was an ice machine (most Residence Inns rely just on the ice maker in the fridge).
Now for the not so good - the staff seemed very disinterested in their customers. The front desk guy who checked us in did not acknowledge my Elite status with Marriott Rewards; did not notice that I had dogs with me (oh well - they also didn't charge me the $100 pet fee). The front desk staff on the second day was just as disinterested. As we walked through the lobby she could not even be bothered to lift her head and reply to our greeting.
The common areas of the hotel were less than clean; particularly the staircase.
There was a sign pointing to the pet area, but there was no trash can there, and the only trash can near by was not emptied the entire two nights we were there. It was a busy 4th of July weekend, and the trash was overflowing. The cans at the front entrance were emptied regularly.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SnitchsMom
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear about some of the issues you had while you were with us. We certainly value our loyal guests, and I am sorry that our staff did not properly address your rewards status. In regards to the cleanliness of the property, we certainly value a clean hotel as a top priority and I apologize we did not meet your expectations. I hope that should you be in the Roanoke area again we will have a chance to provide you with a much better stay.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

Regular residence inn with the exception of the staff. They could not have been better. From the greeting at check in, to the day I left everyone I came across was hard working and happy to assist. The night kitchen manager and evening front desk associates went above and beyond for everyone.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

I got to the hotel after a long, long car ride. James at the desk announced that I would be on the 4th floor. I asked if anything lower as I had heavy, cumbersome bags. Nope-we are busy. He then let me know that my room was at the end of the hall. I pointed out that my profile requested close to elevator, his non-customer service answer "those are suggestions, we don't have to follow them". Really, good to know that a LOYAL Marriott traveler wishes are just suggestions. I then found out that my room was at the very end of the hall by the stairwell. That is the reason my profile asks to be by elevator-8 years ago in NY at a Marriott, when I went to open my room door a man rushed out of the stairwell (masked) tried to shove me in my room-but I had the presence of mind to shut the door. I escaped what would have happened to me if he had shoved me in the room but didn't escape the multiple blows to my face. Since then I have NEVER stayed at the end of the hall by a stairwell. Well, that didn't even move James-no sire'ee-when I asked to have him call the Courtyard to see if they had opening-he announced that the cancellation policy would require I pay for the room-no consideration for my fear. So female travelers-this hotel does not care about your safety-nope. James at the front desk was going to stick me in this room regardless. His management should be so proud of him-yep, he kept this reservation-took a platinum member and managed to make me feel like dirt "didn't note your preference in your profile and even if I did-it is just a suggestion". At the VERY least he should have had some gentleman in him and thought maybe for my safety letting me move to the Courtyard next door would be the RIGHT thing to do. Shame on your James-there is more to being an employee then generating sales. I hope no female you love or care about has her safety compromised the way you did to me tonight-shame on you.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank 147Adventure
Ops_Director_Josh_G, Manager at Residence Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Thank you for your review of our property. Our guest's safety is our main priority and I am very sorry we did not have a room close to an elevator for you. We try extremely hard to make sure all of our guest's profile requests are met, unfortunately at times due to availability we can not meet all requests. If you are in the Roanoke area again I would certainly like an opportunity to make sure you have a much better experience.
kutztown
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

We were not happy with this Marriott. When booking were told we would have 2 bedroom suite. We said we wanted a large suite because we had 3 adults and baby. Price given was quite a bit but we thought we were getting large suite. We got a small suite with 2 very small bedrooms. We had no place to open luggage. Very inconvenient when moving around bed at night. The pool was not available - not even filled, hot tub not available either. Breakfast in the morning was good. Overall we would not stop there again. I will be sure to check on whether pools are open next time. Expensive for what we had.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank tieback
Ops_Director_Josh_G, Manager at Residence Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Thank you for taking time to review our property. We are sorry to hear that the two bedroom suite wasn't spacious enough for you. The living room & kitchen area are 13x22, and each bedroom is 18x22 giving the two bedroom suite a total of 718 sq ft. Our pool is outdoor and will be opening later this month. We do offer indoor pool use at our sister hotel next door. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

This hotel is in a great location, near the airport, shopping, and a short drive to downtown. It's fairly new and in good shape. The folks are friendly and helpful. The rooms are well equipped, maintained and mine even had a fireplace. I liked it so much I'll be staying there again in a couple of weeks.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jim B.

Thank you for your kind comments. Our staff works hard to please all of our guests and meet their needs daily. All of our rooms are equipped with a spacious kitchenette. We hope you had an opportunity to enjoy our complimentary hot breakfast during your stay as well. We look forward to seeing on your next visit to the Roanoke Area!