New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #16 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Best staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

Regular residence inn with the exception of the staff. They could not have been better. From the greeting at check in, to the day I left everyone I came across was hard working and happy to assist. The night kitchen manager and evening front desk associates went above and beyond for everyone.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

I got to the hotel after a long, long car ride. James at the desk announced that I would be on the 4th floor. I asked if anything lower as I had heavy, cumbersome bags. Nope-we are busy. He then let me know that my room was at the end of the hall. I pointed out that my profile requested close to elevator, his non-customer service answer "those are suggestions, we don't have to follow them". Really, good to know that a LOYAL Marriott traveler wishes are just suggestions. I then found out that my room was at the very end of the hall by the stairwell. That is the reason my profile asks to be by elevator-8 years ago in NY at a Marriott, when I went to open my room door a man rushed out of the stairwell (masked) tried to shove me in my room-but I had the presence of mind to shut the door. I escaped what would have happened to me if he had shoved me in the room but didn't escape the multiple blows to my face. Since then I have NEVER stayed at the end of the hall by a stairwell. Well, that didn't even move James-no sire'ee-when I asked to have him call the Courtyard to see if they had opening-he announced that the cancellation policy would require I pay for the room-no consideration for my fear. So female travelers-this hotel does not care about your safety-nope. James at the front desk was going to stick me in this room regardless. His management should be so proud of him-yep, he kept this reservation-took a platinum member and managed to make me feel like dirt "didn't note your preference in your profile and even if I did-it is just a suggestion". At the VERY least he should have had some gentleman in him and thought maybe for my safety letting me move to the Courtyard next door would be the RIGHT thing to do. Shame on your James-there is more to being an employee then generating sales. I hope no female you love or care about has her safety compromised the way you did to me tonight-shame on you.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank 147Adventure
Ops_Director_Josh_G, Manager at Residence Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Thank you for your review of our property. Our guest's safety is our main priority and I am very sorry we did not have a room close to an elevator for you. We try extremely hard to make sure all of our guest's profile requests are met, unfortunately at times due to availability we can not meet all requests. If you are in the Roanoke area again I would certainly like an opportunity to make sure you have a much better experience.
kutztown
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

We were not happy with this Marriott. When booking were told we would have 2 bedroom suite. We said we wanted a large suite because we had 3 adults and baby. Price given was quite a bit but we thought we were getting large suite. We got a small suite with 2 very small bedrooms. We had no place to open luggage. Very inconvenient when moving around bed at night. The pool was not available - not even filled, hot tub not available either. Breakfast in the morning was good. Overall we would not stop there again. I will be sure to check on whether pools are open next time. Expensive for what we had.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank tieback
Ops_Director_Josh_G, Manager at Residence Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Thank you for taking time to review our property. We are sorry to hear that the two bedroom suite wasn't spacious enough for you. The living room & kitchen area are 13x22, and each bedroom is 18x22 giving the two bedroom suite a total of 718 sq ft. Our pool is outdoor and will be opening later this month. We do offer indoor pool use at our sister hotel next door. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

This hotel is in a great location, near the airport, shopping, and a short drive to downtown. It's fairly new and in good shape. The folks are friendly and helpful. The rooms are well equipped, maintained and mine even had a fireplace. I liked it so much I'll be staying there again in a couple of weeks.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Jim B.

Thank you for your kind comments. Our staff works hard to please all of our guests and meet their needs daily. All of our rooms are equipped with a spacious kitchenette. We hope you had an opportunity to enjoy our complimentary hot breakfast during your stay as well. We look forward to seeing on your next visit to the Roanoke Area!
Sterling, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

We went on a road trip for the weekend and stayed at this hotel for one night, since we were traveling with our dog. The stay was fantastic! The gave us a corner room that had a nice fireplace which helped during the cold night :) Bed was awesome and the room was nice and clean, kitchen was well equipped (needed when you travel with kids).
There was plenty of room for our 2 year old to play and the doggie to run around...
Hot Breakfast is always a plus with a nice variety.
Front Desk and Restaurant Staff were very friendly.
Their pool was not working, but if needed, we could had walked to the adjacent Courtyard and use theirs.
We will def. stay here next time we are in the area.
Thank you!

Room Tip: Room with a fireplace! :)
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your review and the great comments about our staff! I am very happy to hear you took advantage of our complimentary breakfast. The outdoor pool & spa will be opening in a few weeks. Our spacious rooms are great for families and pets! Look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Star City!
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

We stayed here 3 days during a snow storm and the staff was fantastic. Taking care of all of our needs. The room was very nice. I would recommend this hotel to all.

After 20 inches of snow, they cleared the lot and helped us dig out

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Orange, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

This was a second stay for me. Had such a great response to my first one. Reception was super and the evening snack host was outstanding. Great man. Rooms are super and just really a nice place to stay for an evening or longer.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business