Residence Inn Roanoke Airport
Hotels.com
$96
$93
$90
Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport(Roanoke)(Great Value!)
$84
All reviewsfull kitchenbasketball courtbilliard roomnice residencebedroom suitecomforts of homepet feeliving areapublic areasbreakfast stafffree breakfastroanoke airportroad tripa great place to staybreakfast was deliciousdefinitely stay here againfront desk staff
Reviewed November 16, 2013

This is a new, well maintained Residence Inn 2 exits/10 minutes from downtown Roanoke. In addition to being by the airport, it is also about a mile from a mall (Macy's, Belk's) and several adjacent shopping centers (Best Buy, lots of chain restaurants).

Our room was set up as a studio apartment with the living room, kitchen, and bedroom all flowing into one another. Our room on the 4th floor was very quiet, even though the desk clerk told us that the hotel was full and it is near the airport. We appreciated the extra blanket in the room. The kitchen had a dishwasher, 2 burner cooktop, fridge, plates, glasses, silverware, and cooking pans. There is even an option for the hotel to do your grocery shopping if you complete the "Fill My Fridge" form. The only room drawback I saw was a powdery white substance on the outside of the shower curtain at eye level. The rest of the bathroom was very clean.

The front desk clerk was helpful providing information on downtown restaurants and telling us which ones guests had positive comments about. We tried one of these restaurants, Blue 5, and had a very good meal. Then when we got back to the hotel, the desk clerk asked how we had liked it. He was sincerely interested in our feedback. We will definitely stay here again if in the area.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Macybear
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Very enjoyable one-night stay, in town for a college visit. If my daughter chooses to go to school here, this is where the wife and I will be staying, every time.

Good parking, and good distance from I-580, so noise is minimal. Nice, quiet location.

Check-in was fast and easy.

The rooms were fantastic, actually mini-suites. Nice bed, both firm and soft. Nice appointments throughout the room, with a nice big flat-screen TV on a swivel between the sitting room and the bed--nice tough.

TV channel selection is good, but like all hotel TV systems, it is so slow, so maddeningly slow. It took the Philips TV more than two minutes to warm up and hook up to the system. Changing channels took 10-15 seconds per channel, waiting for it to ID, then resolve on the screen. In this digital age, why can't hotels deliver a TV system that is fast and responsive?

Cleanliness: I pay attention to clean, and this place was fantastic. Everything was great, from the lobby to the elevator, hallways and especially the room. My room was wonderfully clean. I know it's niggling, but I offer this as a hint to the hotel (to all hotels): 1) clean the top of the tile in the showers, as mine had a lot of gunk and dust on the top, and; 2) dust the tops of the picture frames and wall decorations, it's needed.

Breakfast is included, and is quite good, with eggs, potatoes, sausage, pancakes/waffles, coffee, juice, fruit and more. The staff was very helpful and friendly, too. Very good breakfast.

There's even a billiard room, in addition to the modestly appointed but still quite nice mini-gym.

Bottom line: this is a wonderful place, and if in Roanoke again, this is where I'll stay.

Room Tip: high floor, away from the elevator and away from the ice machine--we stayed in 420 and 422, and they were in a very good location (although a bit of a trek from the elevator).
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank rugby007
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I love staying at Residence Inns as a whole because it is like renting an apartment rather than a room. Full kitchen, separate living room and private bedrooms are a plus for traveling families. This location was as good as any I have stayed at. Clean and well kept, I have no complaints. It is close to the airport, but you will not hear any noise, since this small airport has almost no traffic. There is a large shopping mall near by with many food options and it is 5 minutes off of interstate 81. Friendly staff is a plus. Hot breakfast is just ok but it is free, so don't complain.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BigEandKenna
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Stayed here one night while moving out of town. The service was great, and the room was spacious, clean, and well-appointed. Everything in the room was spotless. I loved that the bathroom is connected to the bedroom instead of out in the living room area (makes it easier when my baby is asleep in a crib in the living room). Breakfast was not superb but acceptable. Although not downtown, the hotel is just a short drive away (maybe 5-10 minutes).

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank heder
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I've always enjoyed staying at Residence Inns by Marriott. They offer great breakfast and evening manager's social/meal/drinks. This Residence Inn is at a great location, close to down town. When I stayed there a while back, I had an issue in my room. The carpet started getting very damp and wet in my room and I contacted the front desk. I usually always bring a pair of flip flops when I stay at hotels, but this time I had forgotten. They came to check out my room and saw that the carpet was getting wet from the bottom. There were no other rooms available so the hotel sent a staff to buy a pair of flip flops for me. The hotel later found out that a pipe had burst causing the carpet to get wet. The manager also issued me a free weeknight stay certificate, which was very nice. However, I did not get a chance to use it before the 1 year expiration of the certificate. I would have liked the hotel to get back to me when I contacted them about that though.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business