“Great hotel”

Ranked #16 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Santa Rosa, CA
“Great hotel”
Reviewed June 3, 2008

We were winging it as we drove from North Carolina to DC. We decided to stay in Roanoke about an hour before we arrived. We called the hotel directly and they got us to reservations and we had a room at the AAA rate in a matter of minutes. The hotel was completed in the Fall of 2007, so was new and clean. The only complaint was that the complimentary popcorn was missing from the room. The free breakfast was a nice surprise.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Richmond, VA
Reviewed March 3, 2008

We were in town for a family funeral. The staff was very accomodating and the hotel was extremely clean. I would definitely recommend to anyone staying in the area. It is close to the mall and minutes from downtown Roanoke.

Stayed January 2008
Naples, Italy
Reviewed March 2, 2008

My first trip to Roanoke, took the wife & dog, so we needed a place that was pet-friendly. Having stayed in Residence Inn by Marriott before, I knew that (for a hefty fee) they accepted dogs.
I don't know how old this facility was, but it all looked brand new to me. The surrounding grounds, I discovered while walking my dog, looked like relatively new sod had been laid and trees planted. So, it was no surprise when we got INSIDE the building that everything else looked new.
I was initially concerned about the scary reception. There was a total thug in the lobby when I got there - I was NOT crazy about staying at this place if this was their typical guest. But, whatever, we got checked in & up to the room which was AWESOME. It was well appointed, had a big fat TV on a swivel so located that you could watch it from pretty much anywhere in this extended-stay room.
As I wrote above, I've stayed at this chain before, so I knew what to expect in the room itself, but this room clearly exceeded my expectations. It was clean, all the furnishings were new, the design was very modern and chic - I was more than a little surprised for a room so new, fresh and hip at a Residence Inn in Roanoke, you know?
But it was great! The bed, of course, was king sized, comfortable, just fantastic. The shower was nice, everything in the room was in perfect working condition. There were literally no problems with the room.
The only 'problems,' which were minor, were:
- On check-in the woman at the desk didn't have the proper form for me to fill out regarding rules for pets;
- Also, I was supposed to hang a "Pet in room" sign outside my door, but they didn't provide me one and when we called that same woman at the front desk, her response was "I don't have one, don't know where one is, don't worry about it." She just was not professional, period.
- Lastly, the pet fee ($100) was more than we paid for the room (military rate $84). I think that's crazy. I understand why, but I just don't like it.
But, check-in was still easy enough, we had no other complaints and if I ever find myself in Roanoke again, I'll definitely stay here.
Definitely a great place to stay for business travelers - it's right near the airport and NOT far from "downtown" Roanoke (but nothing's really FAR from downtown), as well as families, single folks, and of course, anyone w/ pets!

• Liked — All new
  • Disliked — Front Desk staff - not BAD, but just OK
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple