WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Residence Inn Roanoke Airport

Residence Inn Roanoke Airport
Ranked #15 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Los Angeles, California
“Great Hotel and Staff - Indifferent Manager”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for sometime for work. everyone was ver professional and nice.
I made friends with most of the staff. They made me feel at home and was always very helpful whenever I needed help.

The rooms were nice and clean.

The only thing I noticed is that John, the manager seemed to be indifferent towards the guests and would put on a 'nice' face in front of the guests but I get the feeling that he doesn't really care. He seemed very hesitant to attend to guests need if it meant that the hotel would incur any costs.

I noticed this even for the long term guests that they had. I mean, those were people that probably stayed there for months and months.
I would assume they would get even a little bit better treatment, wouldn't they?

Everyone else seemed to genuinely care for the guests.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and have a fireplace. Great during colder months.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
John D, General Manager at Residence Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback. I am glad you find our staff friendly and helpful. I am so proud of my staff as one of the comments we hear over and over is how great they are. As the GM that opened this property six years ago I take great pride in taking care of our guests and property. I have been ask by some guests if I ever have a bad day as I always seem to be so nice. Truth of the matter is I so appreciate life and the opportunities and friendships this hotel has allowed me to have with my staff and our guests. Many of our long term guests have become personal friends of me and my staff that will always be special to us. While it takes a lot of money to run a hotel in todays economic times, we strive to meet all of our guests needs. Thank you again for staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

We recently stayed in this hotel for two nights going to my daughter's graduation. It was convenient to the airport and near the roads leading to downtown and around town. I liked the room decor which had a wood motif and was nicely laid out with a big frig and small living room. I would agree with the other reviewers who said it was a bit pricey. Unlike other reviewers I did not find it dirty and the service at the front desk was excellent. The hot breakfast was definitely a plus. When you stay there try to avoid room 112 as the refrigerator was very noisy and kept me up which I found to be the only downside.

Room Tip: See above..makes sure the fridge and air conditioner are not noisy unless you are a deep sleeper
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest, Thank you for your recent stay with us and your feedback. I am very sorry the dishwasher had not been run prior to your stay with us. This should have been caught by our housekeeping inspector. Some of the furniture is starting to wear some as the 2 bedrooms are out most used rooms and we only have 8. We will be replacing in the near future all of our funiture in guest rooms. With regards to the torn felt on the pool table, I am happy to let you know the table had new felt installed in May and looks very nice. Thanks for your comments regarding our nice landscaping, we get many postive comments about our curp appeal. I do hope you will stay with us again in the futre.
Sunset, Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

We stay in Residence Inns all over US and always stay in the 2 bedroom suite. This hotel was dirty and was one of the highest priced Residence Inn, with the exception of large cities like New York, etc. The dishes were dirty in the dishwasher when we arrived, furniture was old and worn. The carpets were smelly and stained. They had a pool table but the felt had a HUGE rip in it. The hall carpets and stone floors were dirty.

The outdoors were clean and nice and beautifully landscaped. We should have slept outdoors.

The furniture in our 2 bedroom suite was visibly worn and the sofa was worn and stained as well as the carpet in the queen bedroom with a huge red stain to the carpet. We had to wash the dishes that were dirty in the dishwasher. Surfaces and counters were sticky.

We were traveling from New Orleans area to Washington, D.C. And had planned to stay here on our way back. I am canceling those reservations. We stayed in a Residence inn at Chattanooga Tenn the night before and it was a CLEAN first class hotel AND IT WAS $40.00 A NIGHT CHEAPER!!!

I don't mind spending the money to stay in a CLEAN, QUALITY hotel. This hotel is CLEARLY OVERCHARGING FOR THIS FILTHY BROKEN-DOWN HOTEL.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Suffolk, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed for one night to attend a confernce; the hotel was nice and staff friendly. The room was really clean and well kept. The breakfast was nice with many options for any taste. My only complaint was my room had hot water issues in the shower and bathroom sink. I had to take a cool shower and shave with barely warm water; not what I wanted to attend a conference.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

I just returned to Denver after a two-week stay at the Residence Inn Roanoke Airport in Virginia. Stepping through the door, to register, was like coming home. All the staff were very friendly and always remember my name with a special welcome. I felt like a family member coming home.
All the staff are freindly yet vey professional.

All the staff, from the General Manager on down, perform with the highest degree of
professionalism. and respect. I witnessed some quests being totally disrespectful about something very insignificant and not really a matter of hotel business. Staff were very professional and handled the matter with respect adn resolve.

I did not use the exercise room. I did notice that it was very clean.

I will not stay anywhere else when I visit Roanoke.

Room Tip: Get a top room. The floors are very thin. When guests, above, walk around, it sounds like they are s...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Morgantown, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment, not a regular hotel room. The room has a small kitchen, living area, bed and bathroom with the sink seperate from the a toilet area. I am going to start staying here every trip to Roanoke. I get per diem, so I didn't use it, but they off free dinner during the week for guests. It's nothing special, but it is free.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

What can I say....these people are the greatest and will pamper you! Our stay was all we hoped for and more. Extremely friendly staff did all they could to make our time here stress-free. Room was beautifully arranged, clean, beds slept very comfortably and the full kitchen in the room was so very convenient. Full breakfast was outstanding with all the little extras such as green onions, shredded cheddar, sour cream and salsa for the scrambled eggs. Also offered were delicious flavorful roasted potatoes and sausage patties; strawberry syrup, chocolate chips, walnuts in syrup and whipped cream for the Belgian waffles; fresh fruit salad and yummy oatmeal with all the trimmings. Breakfast area had plenty of seating room. On certain nights, a light supper can be enjoyed. After eating all that, the exercise room has great workout equipment. Hotel is easy to find, kept immaculately, and even though near the airport, it is quiet. We will definately be back! Thanks for making our 28th anniversary, birthday and Valentines Day celebration memorable!

Room Tip: Choose top floor away from elevator and stairs.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple