“Good Neighbor Hood place” 4 of 5 bubbles

Wildflour
Ranked #23 of 466 Restaurants in Roanoke
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Roanoke,VA
“Good Neighbor Hood place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

Went there for lunch and enjoyed the food . The openness of the place made it so the conversations from the other tables were not heard. The food is fresh when ordered. Very nice hidden spot.

Visited July 2012

Houston, Texas
“Great find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

A really nice bakery and restaurant. We were walking past before opening time, and the proprietor lets us in early. Then a few days later, we had an excellent lunch and took away dinner. This is a friendly and charming little place. A real find. It's as good as anything in the big city.

• Visited August 2012
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Healthy, great desserts”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

Don't let the location fool you- if you can find it. Insider Towers Mall, an aging strip mall with two central hallways with storefronts is where you'll find this hidden gem. Everything is healthy, tastes "clean" (meaning fresh, made on site, etc.) and I enjoy the friendly, personable staff. This has been consistent over the years I've been going there, earlier when I lived in the area and now when I'm back to visit.

When they once got an order wrong, it was fixed immediately. Dependable. The only reason I'm not rating them 5 stars is I think they could fix the place up a bit, it looks pretty rundown which makes it seem like it might not be clean, but if you look closely it IS clean, just in an older space.

This is how good it is--when my Mom has chemo nearby, this is her choice for lunch afterwards. It has become a touchstone for feeling good about how she treats herself.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Roanoke, Virginia
“Nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

I love the wildflour's saled and soup it is freash and tasty and also healthy i would recomend this for anyone in the area.

Visited April 2012
Roanoke, Virginia
“Try their smoked turkey reuben and tomato cheddar soup”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

My wife turned me onto Wildflour's Towers Mall restaurant. I initially protested because I am a "meat and potatoes" guy, and thought the fare too "creative and artsy" for my appeal. This is a very nice, casual restaurant which has a great selection. I am sold on their smoked turkey reuben on rye and the tomato cheddar soup. My wife loved the mushroom soup. I can also highly recommend the chicken salad sandwich --it was a "handful". As for the "artsy" side, the ladies will like the interesting tea's (I prefer coke or wine, and you can get that at Wildflour). It is a very nice place and I highly recommend them.

Visited March 2012

Been to Wildflour? Share your experiences!