“Old school meat and potatoes.”

Coach & Four Restaurant
Ranked #38 of 521 Restaurants in Roanoke
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

Nice atmosphere, friendly staff. Old fashioned steaks, rib roast and fish. Ingredients are standard but tasty. Old friends great each other and table hop. Silverware and dishes need updating. Enjoyable.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

My husband loves seafood. He is not impressed very easily unless it is delicious. Two times this month we have eaten there. Both times the seafood tasted just like it came off of the boat. It was delectable. The steaks are A+ as well. I have been going here on and off for many years. The food has always been amazing.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I have been several times. Once with family that included children, and multiple times with just my husband. The atmosphere is amazing. In the evenings they dim the lights and it makes it really romantic or if you are with friends or whatnot, it would give the cozy feeling. The food is good. Not amazing out of this world good, but solid-worth what you paid good. Every server we have ever had, has been amazing. The price is great. I went on a sunday afternoon once, and got the chicken livers, which were really good/ I recommend those.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

We went to this restaurant to celebrate my husband's birthday and were pleasantly surprised by how great it was! The food was delicious, the waitress Brandy, amazing and we are going again next month!

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I will say that the food is excellent, so if there is anything in this place that should be kept it would be the chef. Applause to him, as it is top notch for the area. The out-dated decor and musty smell of the place can go at anytime.

As a side note, I did find the sign at the front door rather amusing. I don't remember the exact wording but something about neat dress, no hats in the dining room, and no cell phones. I agree with the neat dress and no hats, but that just seems like common courtesy. The cell phone bit seems just to once again date the place as, even though some are slow to accept it, cell phones are a part of normal life. I did find it extremely ironic when the hostess told a gentleman to take off his hat before they entered the dining room, while she was wearing a tank top, yoga pants, and sandals. I must guess the neat dress only applies to the patrons and not the employees?? Never mind the fact that it was 30 degrees outside and sleeting.

If you go, go for the food, and be amazed at the dated atmosphere.