“New Owners.........please bring this place into the 21st Century” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Coach & Four Restaurant

Coach & Four Restaurant
Ranked #43 of 466 Restaurants in Roanoke
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Virginia
“New Owners.........please bring this place into the 21st Century”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

I will say that the food is excellent, so if there is anything in this place that should be kept it would be the chef. Applause to him, as it is top notch for the area. The out-dated decor and musty smell of the place can go at anytime.

As a side note, I did find the sign at the front door rather amusing. I don't remember the exact wording but something about neat dress, no hats in the dining room, and no cell phones. I agree with the neat dress and no hats, but that just seems like common courtesy. The cell phone bit seems just to once again date the place as, even though some are slow to accept it, cell phones are a part of normal life. I did find it extremely ironic when the hostess told a gentleman to take off his hat before they entered the dining room, while she was wearing a tank top, yoga pants, and sandals. I must guess the neat dress only applies to the patrons and not the employees?? Never mind the fact that it was 30 degrees outside and sleeting.

If you go, go for the food, and be amazed at the dated atmosphere.

Visited January 2013

Salem, VA
“My Favorite Restaurant in Ronaoke Va.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

Their Prime Rib is out of this world. The staff is always very courteous. Prices are average for this area. Parking lot is a little trying as it is on a slope.

Visited February 2012
Mattapoisett, Massachusetts
“Excellent meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

This is a nice place to have dinner. We visited the area and were looking for a place to eat. The hotel recommended the place. The food was well prepared and served hot. The free appetizer was a nice touch. The salad fresh and tasty. All in all a great value and experience.

• Visited December 2012
Stephens City, Virginia
“As Good as Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

We have visited this restaurant a number of times, the most recent last Saturday while visiting my son for Christmas. As has been mentioned by previous reviewers, this is just a nice family restaurant. Yes the decor is somewhat dated, but I like that, nothing fancy, just a very relaxing and down home atmosphere. The food is still very good. My son and I both had the Queen's cut of the prime rib and it was a good size cut that a flavorful and filling. there were five of us and the bill came too just about $120. That included drinks for three of us as we'll, and coffee. And tea after dinner.

We will be returning to Roanoke regularly and I suspect we will be making regular visits to this nice restaurant.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Roanoke, Virginia
“My favorite SPECIAL OCCASSION restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is my favorite restaurant and the one I always request for my birthday or anniversary. The food is excellent. The atmosphere is so much like restaurants I went to with my parents when I was young (I am in my 50's). This upscale but very reasonably priced restaurant is relaxing and enjoyable.

• Visited March 2012