“Loved it”

Cuisines: American, Asian, French, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Jefferson St.
Description: Metro! is downtown Roanoke’s premier restaurant and lounge. Though approaching the decade mark, Metro! continues to set standards for excellent cuisine and nightlife. An experience at Metro! brings to mind comparable restaurants in DC and New York City. Our extensive menu features American and Asian cuisine, with an a la carte steak and seafood selection. Nightly specials highlight unique chef-inspired creations. Our hand-crafted cocktails routinely garner awards from local publications. Our guest DJs are among the best in the world - they tour the globe performing for crowds of thousands, yet always love coming back to Roanoke to play on our state-of-the-art sound system. Come taste the difference - the experience that is Metro!
Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Great variety on the menu, definitely try the cheese and pimento fritters!! Sooooo good! Liked the variety of sushi selections as well. Decor is eclectic and modern, presentation is spot on, and the staff treats you like royalty. Tanner was our waiter, he was great! Liked the cocktail selection, definitely some unique offerings. Wish there were more wines offered by the glass though. We have never been somewhere quite like Metro! but we agreed it definitely reminds us of the kind of establishments you'd find in a young and fun neighborhood like Williamsburg, Brooklyn.

1  Thank Rebeltooth
There are newer reviews for Metro!

Reviewed November 25, 2012

We enjoyed a wonderful dinner on Friday evening. The decor was pleasing, the menu was varied and there was not any noise carried over from the bar. The 4 of us were pleasantly satisfied with our entrees and the cute little desserts. The service was excellent- timely, but not intruding on our conversation. We'd recommend it.

1  Thank BamTgg
Reviewed November 10, 2012

My first visit to Metro just blew me away. The decor is very "urban-modern" - and beautiful. Both our lunch entrees were top drawer. I had the fish tacos and my friend had a wrap. The bread was warm and crusty and served very cleverly. We don't usually eat desert but when the server said they were "small bites" we tried one between us. It was a pot de creme....and the best thing I ever put in my mouth.
My second time there - just a week later was a bit disapointing. My turkey burger was blah. The bun was dry, and the side of tempura beans a bit tough. I will definitely try again. The first time was memorable.

1  Thank jacqrio
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Really great food and service had a really nice experience our server Tanner did a great job and made sure we were well taken care of. This is a high end restaurant but you get what you pay for and more. One of our favoriate places to eat in roanoke.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

My husband and I eat here often for Saturday lunch when we are in town. We love to sit at the bar and have small plates or split an entree with a bottle of wine. We are always happy with the meal, and the value is outstanding. Would highly recommend for anyone who is looking for a leisurely Saturday afternoon meal...and BTW, they will change the TV to whatever football game you happen to want to watch!