“A safe bet, but not amazing”
Review of Metro!

Metro!
Ranked #18 of 476 Restaurants in Roanoke
Cuisines: American, Asian, French, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Jefferson St.
Description: Metro! is downtown Roanoke’s premier restaurant and lounge. Though approaching the decade mark, Metro! continues to set standards for excellent cuisine and nightlife. An experience at Metro! brings to mind comparable restaurants in DC and New York City. Our extensive menu features American and Asian cuisine, with an a la carte steak and seafood selection. Nightly specials highlight unique chef-inspired creations. Our hand-crafted cocktails routinely garner awards from local publications. Our guest DJs are among the best in the world - they tour the globe performing for crowds of thousands, yet always love coming back to Roanoke to play on our state-of-the-art sound system. Come taste the difference - the experience that is Metro!
Washington, Virginia
“A safe bet, but not amazing”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I had the $20 Kobe burger, it was very good - as it should be for the price. Wedge salad was nice -- but I've had a lot better. I'd wish I had ordered the caesar. My son ordered a ribeye steak -- but they delivered a strip (we didn't complain about it, or bring it up). It was OK - just not what we expected. The parmesan fries weren't as good as I thought they would be. I'd order them next time without the parmesan. Great service, friendly staff, nice environment -- a safe bet.

• Visited September 2011

Denver, Colorado
“Best food in Roanoke”
Reviewed August 12, 2011

I travel to Roanoke on a monthly basis and always get in 1-2 visits to Metro!. I love the elegantly casual decor and interesting cocktail options. The clientele at Metro! is very diverse. On my many visits, I have seen business meetings and girls night out get togethers. The service is generally very good although I had an evening, while eating alone at the bar, that I felt a little neglected. Still, I am not complaining because the food....is....delicious! Sustainable sushi is good. I applaud their effort although I would probably order their pimento appetizer and ribs over the sushi. The ribs I had last week were tender and wonderfully seasoned. Bravo Metro!. I will be back again.

• Visited August 2011
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Loved it!”
Reviewed August 11, 2011

I went to Metro for dinner on Wednesday August 10, 2011. The restaurant is beautifully decorated without being over the top. The appetizer we ordered was the calamari, it was out of this world, one of the e best I have ever tasted. My main course was also delicious, I am going back tonight as I have to have the calamari one more time.

• Visited August 2011
Coral Springs, Florida
“Worth the Accolades”
Reviewed July 30, 2011

I heard this was the best restaurant in Roanoke. The food was delicious, the portions very generous. I had the lamb shank, it was a special that night.

The dining area and bar area are separated quite nicely, I didn't even notice the lively bar scene til it was time to go home. So its a good place for a date.

• Visited December 2010
Bluefield, West Virginia
“relaxed fine dining with a twist”
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Limited menu, but everything on the menu was excellent. I had the scallops, with a side dish of mac and cheese (recommended). The side dishes are extra, but do not order two, or you will have too much to eat. Waiter (Ben) was very attentive with excellent recommendations. Get there early at weekends, music and dancing starts at 10 p.m.

• Visited July 2011