“What a great B&B!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Roanoke
Rose Hill Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 5 Roanoke B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 10, 2010

Two of us stayed at Rose Hill in early April 2010 & had a wonderful stay. The room was comfortable, Wendy Blair, the hostess, was welcoming & delightful, the house was charming, & her breakfasts were as advertized--scrumptious. We wish we could have stayed longer, but real life beckoned. When we travel to Roanoke again, we won't want to stay anywhere else but at Rose Hill.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 18, 2010

I had the pleasure of staying at the Rose Hill Bed and Breakfast while on business in Roanoke. I was about two hours late arriving, but owner Wendy, and her faithful companion Loxie were waiting on the porch to welcome me. Wendy is one of those rare people who instantly puts you at ease and treats you like a long-lost friend. She welcomed me into her spotlessly neat and unique home. I say unique because unless you pay special attention, you are sure to miss many of the special touches that Wendy had added to this beautiful home. The exterior is nice, understated, and welcoming. Inside you see Wendy's artistic talent displayed in the most delightful ways. Never overlook any nook or cranny lest you miss a little display of Wendy's art and sense of humor.

I was shown to the front bedroom which was absolutely perfect for my needs. It was exceptionally clean, and well appointed with anything I might need during my stay. The bed was very comfortable and top quality linens ensured a luxurious, restful night.

In the morning, Wendy prepared a multi-course meal that was exceptional in both quality and presentation. The food was carefully crafted and the service was what one would expect from a 5-star restaurant. Everything from the coffee, the juice, the pastries, the Eggs Benedict, tomatoes and asparagus were all perfectly prepared and presented. I hated to leave for work!

If you are looking for a special experience in Roanoke, I would strongly suggest you make Rose Hill Bed and Breakfast, your base of operations. You will find comfort, charm, and a new friend.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 15, 2010

I found this B&B via the Internet and everything on its website was true to form not to mention written with humor. The owner Wendy was very timely in responding and was a pleasure to meet. I stayed for the weekend as a quick getaway for myself. My room (Peacock) and accompanying bathroom met my expectations perfectly. The night time treats left in my room each night took me over the top in their deliciousness. I'm not a coffee or tea drinker but Wendy took care of me with excellent hot cocoa and mini-marshmellows. Each breakfast was unique and yummy. Wireless internet worked very well. The B&B is conveniently located close to downtown and everything i wanted to do.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed February 22, 2010

My oldest daughter and I were travelling to Virginia for a college tour. My husband was staying at home with our other children, and so I was a bit nervous about it just being us 2 girls staying in a hotel. And I decided a Bed & Breakfast would be a great Mother-Daughter experience. Wendy at Rose Hill turned our stay into a wonderful memory!

We had booked the Peacock room, but its guest decided to stay longer, so Wendy upgraded us at no charge to the Garden room. Let me tell you the pictures on her website simply don't do it justice! The bed was soooo comfortable, with exquisite 1000 thread count sheets that had been starched and pressed for a tactile sensation that was incredibly luxurious. The room also had a daybed that could be used for extra sleeping. Extra pillows were available in the closet. Our bedroom had a private bath just down the hall that had some very unique and charming touches ( I won't spoil the surprises in case you get to visit). It also had a double sink vanity, claw footed tub with shower, separate toilet. It was very spacious and had plush towels.

Breakfast was surreal - a multi-course delight. The first morning we had a fresh apple & granola parfait, followed by baked English muffins topped with Canadian bacon, sliced hard boiled eggs, and melted cheese served with a variety of sauces. The next morning was sliced bananas in cream with a praline-like topping, followed with a savory quiche that had a delicious pastry crust and french toast with powdered sugar and syrup on the side. Coffee, tea, and a huge variety of juices were also provided. Oh, I almost forgot about the muffins: corn muffin with cream cheese and orange essence on day 1, and apple spice on day 2. Absolutely the best muffins I have ever tasted!
Unfortunately, our schedule didn't allow us time to attend the 4:00 tea in the afternoons, but I am certain it would have been top-notch. Each night we returned to our room to find a tray with a carafe of iced water and a dish of homemade chocolates. Although there was a generous amount of chocolate, it was so delicious that my daughter and I gently sparred over the last pieces.

Did I mention how incredibly clean the entire place was? Even though I a mild germaphobe, I felt so comfortable since everything was immaculate. There was a wonderful restaurant in the neighborhood that Wendy recommended called Wildflour that had the best Tomato-Cheddar soup and freshly baked bread. It was quite cold during our visit and everything was covered in a foot of snow so we did not take advantage of the park directly across the street, but it looked like a great place for walking.

Wendy and her little dog Loxi are very gracious. We felt very welcome in her lovely home. She goes out of her way to make you comfortable without making it seem like it was any trouble at all. For example, my daughter had a choir audition and woke up with the sniffles: Wendy fixed up water with lemon for her to take with her. She has the gift of hospitality, and we were fortunate to have stayed at Rose Hill.

• Stayed: February 2010
1  Thank 3PrincessMom
Reviewed October 27, 2009

We stayed 1 night in Septmber, Wendy was extremely welcoming & the room great, especially the attention to deail. There was absolutely everything we needed & more. Wendy is really friendly & the breakfast was lovely. We've stayed in many bed & breakfast's in various parts of the US & this was one of the best.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2009

Wendy Blair epitomizes how pride of ownership wins out over "staff" in a business every time. As she will tell you herself, the bed and the food have to be outstanding in a place called a "Bed and Breakfast". She far more than achieves this. Her attention to detail is fantastic, and she is a multi-talented artist. Staying at Rose Hill is reason enough by itself to plan a trip to Roanoke.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 24, 2009

We stayed at Rose Hill Bed and Breakfast while in town for a wedding. It was a great location overlooking Highland Park, and a easy walk to one of our favorite restaurants, The Wildflour Cafe. Wendy is a wonderful hostess and an incredible cook. We stayed two nights and the breakfast both days exceeded all our expectations. The value for the cost is truly incredible. We will definitely be visiting Rose Hill again.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roanoke
The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, Curio Collection by Hilton
King George Inn
#3 of 5 in Roanoke
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Roanoke, VA
Hampton Inn & Suites Roanoke Airport

Been to Rose Hill Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!