“Louisianan Cusine with a Southwestern VA Touch”
Review of Stephen's Restaurant - CLOSED

Stephen's Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Roanoke, Virginia
“Louisianan Cusine with a Southwestern VA Touch”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Trite but True - the food is great and the service friendly in this family owned and operated resturant. Great for that special night out, ask for a quiet semi-private table. Crab cakes remind one of Maryland's Eastern Shore and the featured seafood is as good as it gets despite being miles from the ocean. Experiment with the Crawfish and Grits, pick an entree with a wine of your choice and finish with Chocolate Fudge Pudding Cake. Y'all Come Now Ya Heah!

• Visited December 2012

Hinton, West Virginia
“One of our favorites anywhere in the U.S.”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We are the traveling family but when we are at home and we have a special event, it is always Stephens. We have ate there numerous times and never been disappointed. Love it!!!!!!!!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Wvfisherman
Roanoke, Virginia
“not impressed”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

we went for an anniversary dinner. We will not go back. I called the next day about a problem I experienced, and the woman on the phone (who said she was the owner's wife) got very defensive. There was no effort at all on her part to understand my point of view.

• Visited August 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great food but stuffy, outdated decor”
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Let me start by saying the food here was excellent, with the bread being especially good. The service was reasonable and the prices a bit on the high side. With that said, the place looks rundown on the outside and the decor looks like someplace my grandma would choose. Update the decor to something from the 21st century and this place would be five stars.

• Visited May 2013
Blacksburg, VA
“Wonderful dining experience and great food”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I have heard about Stephen's for years but since we live in Blacksburg, we don't get to Roanoke for dinner all that frequently. Anyway, we decided to go last Saturday night and were both blown away by the experience. First, the dining room is very nice, definitely warranting more dressy wear and we were seated at a table for two that gave us some nice privacy. The service was unhurried, yet efficient. I had the blackened sashimi yellowfin tuna off the specials menu and it was fabulous along with a jambalaya rice cake with shrimp and andouille sausage. My husband had the rockfish and while the sauce was different than what he expected, he said it was very good. The blue cheese dressing was very good as well. We both opted for dessert, my husband had the Chocolate pots du creme which he loved and I had the decadent bread pudding which is a weakness of mine and was wonderful. One thing that stood out to me was how inexpensive the wine choices were, many of the bottles were less than $30 which is unheard of in most restaurants. I would highly recommend Stephen's, particuarly if you are a seafood "foodie." We will definitely return!

• Visited April 2013